Taste of the Yucatan: Merida Cooking Class and Market Visit
Explore the market with your guide, try local fruits, sip fruit juices and sample traditional empanadas, tamales, ‘cochinita pibil’ (slow-roasted pork) and ‘panuchos’ (tortillas stuffed with refried black beans), buy all the ingredients for the class on the market.
Experience a local ride to the host house and enjoy the cooking class with the host at her house, learn cooking secrets and enjoy lunch with your host and refresh with soft drinks of the region and beers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
What's excluded :
- Items of personal nature
- Tips to the guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Immerse yourself in the local culture! This tour will take you to the local market where
you'll discover amazing traditional dishes, you’ll get to taste delicious local fruits and
you'll learn about the customs and traditions of Yucatan. After buying all your supplies
you'll take an exciting bus ride to the local home where your host and guide will guide
you step by step to cook a traditional menu.
• Adventures Mexico Day Tours, Merida 97210 Mexico
• Papadzules, Poc Chuc, Empandas, Tikin xic
Departure Point :Parque Hidalgo, Calle 59 398, Centro, 97000 Centro, Yuc., Mexico
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 8 years are free of charge
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian and Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- Transportation is by public bus and taxi back to downtown
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- There is nothing more important for us than your health. Therefore, we have put special measures in place to keep you safe during our tours, please be advised that some restaurants, attractions, and experiences may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.