Taste of Willamette Valley Farm Tours
Share the beauty and Bounty of Oregon farms through an up close and personal tour where guests will walk the farms and learn from the farmers developing a new appreciation and understanding of sustainable honest farming while being able to taste some incredible seasonal offerings.
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Snacks - Tasting of cheese, vegetables, meat and olive oil from all the farms
- Lunch - Fresh Farm to Table Boxed Lunch
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Please bring sunscreen and sun protection and or anything for rainy days, weather gear.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Willamette Valley, Willamette Valley, Oregon
Join us on this tour of the Willamette Valley for a taste of incredible products in this region and a chance to meet the dedicated farmers that make them. The tour offers the chance to ask questions, have some hands-on experience, and see how they raise food for our community.
The first stop is TMK Creamery where we will walk the farm, see the art of cheese making and learn about modern agriculture, the milking process, feeding, and cow nutrition. After hearing about all the delicious cheese we will sit down for a spread of their delicious cheeses and get to sample their vodka.
Next, its time to load up in the tour van and head out to Middle Ground Farms. Walk their culinary vegetable garden that provides stock for the kitchen, as does the family’s 25 laying hens and a small herd of Nubian dairy goats followed by a mouth-watering boxed lunch filled with ingredients from their garden.
Olive oil and wine are our next stop as we head through the valley to Durant Olive Mill. Take a behind the scenes tour of the olive mill to learn about making a variety of olive oils from basil to rosemary. Take in the views as we sit down for a sampling of four olive oils paired with their vineyard wines.
The day concludes with a quick stop to Briar Rose Creamery to end the day with some handmade artisan cheese. Depending on the season and availability stops are subject to change.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Sunset, Beaverton, OR 97225, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.