Tastes Of My Son Sanctuary AND Tra Que Vegetable Village
Combining a tour to My Son and Tra Que Village for a cooking demonstration and lunch
• Depart from hotel by car to My Son
• Guided tour of My Son
• Return by car to Hoi An and Tra Que village
• 3 course cooking class for lunch
• Foot heand and shoulder massage
• Guided stroll around the market gardens with breifings of the produce. Hands on experience tending the soil
• Return by car to hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Lunch and sevice at Tra Que village,
- Mineral water & Wet tissues
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- VAT tax
- Travel insurance
- 08.00 Your guide and car will meet you at your hotel for your drive through the beautiful countryside villages and towns on our way to the ancient relics of My Son. Photo opportunities abound.
09.00 We arrive to the haunting sound of Cham music and stop to take in the vibrantly dressed dancers enjoying a traditional dance performance.
09.30 Your walking tour begins with a short ascent up to the Cham ruins walking along a track bordered by jungle. As we reach the top, the ancient ruins appear. While you explore the area your guide will explain the history of the religious site which served as a burial site for the Cham monarchs many centuries ago.
10.30 Time to return to our car to continue our journey of discovery. We take a ride through the countryside and paddies on our way to Tra Que Village.
12.00 We arrive at Tra Que Village. The village is famous for its fresh local herbs and vegetables, and is named after the sweet smelling herb that is used to flavor many local Hoi An dishes. The farmers in the village use no fertilizers in their soil, using instead, an algae found only in a lagoon adjacent to the village. It produces abundant and delicious herbs and vegetables. Among many others, the herbs are used to flavor Banh Xeo, Cao Lau and My Quang, all local dishes. Local people insist on these herbs for the very best quality dish.
Your local village hosts will provide you with a cooking demonstration and show you some of the local specialties including how to make rice paper, banh xeo and tam huu local spring roll. Then it’s time to roll up your sleeves and try your hand at preparing your own Hoi An 3 course specialty lunch. Sit back and enjoy your culinary creations at the family table overlooking the locals tending the land.
13.30 Before we set off on our tour of the village, it’s time to relax and enjoy a traditional foot massage in the fragrant garden.
14.00 Your village hosts will take you on a tour of the village. Explore the nurseries and herb gardens abundant with bird’s eye chili, lemongrass, basil, coriander and spring onions all thriving in the rich soil. Learn about the unique algae and its nourishing impact on the soil. Jump right in and see how the plots are planted, tended and watered with the guidance of local family farmers.
14.45 Your car will return you to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we will collect guests at the lobby of their hotel to start the tour.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant meals not included
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.