Tasty Florence Food Tour & Sightseeing around San Lorenzo Farmers Market & Duomo
Eat, drink and sightsee the cradle of the Renaissance, the city of Florence. Explore the colorful food market of San Lorenzo and visit some of the city highlights like the Duomo, deli shops and typical restaurants full of traditions. Led by a local and expert guide you will learn about all the culinary traditions, history and facts of the city and its monuments. Florence is a magnificent city considered the birth place of the Italian Renaissance, and a must see while in Italy not only for its attractions, monuments and art history background but also for its culinary. Taste the best of the Florentine culinary during this 4-hours Food, Wine and Sightseeing tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide;
- Food, wine, and spirits focused tour;
- San Lorenzo Market Visit;
- Sightseeing of the Duomo and other monuments.
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tasty Tours - Italy Food Tours, 50022, Florence Italy
This tour is a feast for the eyes and your taste buds. On this 4-hours guided gourmet stroll you will eat delicious typical food, drink regional wines and visit some of the most interesting sites and monuments of Florence. The tour passes by interesting monuments and attractions including the Duomo, and offers the chance to explore the best of the popular San Lorenzo Market.
A local expert guide will take you the foodies district of Florence: San Lorenzo. This neighborhood is known for its culinary and traditional osterias and eateries. You will visit the daily market and taste local specialties directly from the producers, get samples of the best salumi, cheese, olive oils, truffes and much more! Florence is the capital of Tuscany, one of Italy most famous producers of high-quality ingredients: excellent olive oil, truffles, red wines, vegetables and much more.
Visit at least 7 different eateries while your expert guide shares all the secrets behind the history and local traditions. As you stroll you will indulge fresh pasta, local meat dishes, traditional soups, typical vegetable side dishes, and more. Book early to secure your spots on one of the tastiest adventures in Florence! Florence is a delightful city, full of hidden gems and definitely closely-guarded secret among locals! Discover with us the best spots during your stay!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Piazza del Mercato Centrale, 50136, Florence Italy
Our expert tour guide will lead you at the discover of the main market in Florence, here you will taste a wide variety of fresh food meeting the food makers themselves.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica di San Lorenzo, Piazza di San Lorenzo 9, 50123, Florence Italy
Learn the history of the famous Medici family, how they became the leading political dynasty of Florence, produced four Popes of the Catholic Church two queens regent of France, and financed the spread of the Renaissance art and architecture. In fact the Medici were responsible for a high proportion of the major Florentine works of art created during their period of rule (the visit is from the outside).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Via della Canonica, 1 Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
Admire the beauties of the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower complex, you will be astonished by the marvel of the Baptistery of Saint John, dubbed by Michelangelo the Gates of Paradise, the incredible Brunelleschi-s dome, the imposing Giotto bell tower.
Just nearby we will enjoy a huge dish of pecorino cheese, cured meat and crostinis, the most traditional starter in all Tuscany.
(the visit is from the outside)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Piazza Santa Croce, Piazza di Santa Croce 16 Piazza di Santa Croce 16, 50122, Florence Italy
Before enter the square we will have a great experience in a local grocery where we will taste the traditional vegetable soup (ribollita) and the tomatoes bread soup (pappa al pomodoro), learning the authentic recipes of these classic Tuscany delicacy.
It's now time to indulge our sweet tooth enjoying the sweet fried bread and an artisan ice-cream.
The tour ends in the beautiful square of Santa Croce, after 4 hours of wandering here we will relax sipping a strong espresso coffee.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza dell'Unità Italiana, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Piazza di Santa Croce, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour does NOT accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan participants.
- Near public transportation
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated if advised in advance. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking;
- Transfer from your hotel to the meeting point is NOT INCLUDED in the price. Taxi or buses are a convenient option;
- Dress code is smart casual
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change;
- This tour does NOT accommodate gluten/dairy-free or vegan participants.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Unfortunately we cannot offer a gluten and/or dairy-free option.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- We are taking recommended prevention measures from WHO and implement best-practices accordingly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.