Tataouin Chenini ksar el wed
Take a trip back in time and explore the ancient dwellings and archaeological sites that surround Djerba and Zarzis. With an expert guide, visit the village of Chenini, the Tataouine market and Ksar Hadada and discover the history of these places.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tataouine, Tataouine, Tataouine Governorate
Early departure in 4X4 of your hotel towards the city of Tataouine via the Roman roadway
• Panoramic break at the small salt lake "Sobkhet El Melah" which offers a beautiful whitish landscape.
• Continue to Tataouine, the famous city that housed the battalion of the foreign legion and captivating, the famous "Bat d'AF".
• Visit of the Science Village which houses a Jurassic Park which testifies the prehistoric wealth of the city of Tataouine since the Tertiary era with the exhibition of several fossils and dinosaur bones.
• Visit of the city center and the typical market place with typical products such as Babouches (Shoes made from camel leather, burnous (traditional coat of lambs wool or camel hair with cap) ...
• Continuation to the world of Ksours (plural of Ksar), former collective granaries built by the Berber tribes for the storage of wheat and food of all kinds, with their beautiful Ghorfas vaulted and beautifully superimposed.
• Visit Ksar Ouled Soltane the most prestigious of all the granaries of the region and very well preserved with its Ghorfas which form up to five floors.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Chenini, Tataouine Tunisia
Continue to Chenini village through the Dhahar mountains that offer beautiful landscapes reminiscent of the Wild West. Visit the crest village with its beautiful houses carved in the rocks and its citadel Ksar overlooking the entire village.
• Typical lunch to savor the delights of the Berber culinary art of the region.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we will pick you up at any hotel in DjerbaAirports
- Melita Airport, Djerba Island Tunisia
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.