Tea Plantation Experience
Tea was introduced in Rwanda in 1952 and is now one of the country’s largest exports. The fertile volcanic soil and temperate climate make for perfect tea growing conditions.
The majority of tea is cultivated on large plantations, with a small contribution from tea cooperatives and private growers. Tea plants can be seen covering the rolling hills, their rich green a striking contrast to the blue skies, dirt roads and sunshine.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Entrance fee
- English and French speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- other meals
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sorwathe Tea Factory, Kinihira, Rwanda
KIGALI – KINIHIRA TEA PLANTATION
After Breakfast you will go for Tea plantation Tour in kinihira it’s about 1 hour and half drive. Most tea produced in Rwanda is black tea, white tea, green tea, authentic tea and organic tea. However spicy tea can be produced on order by major tea producers. Rwanda tea is planted on hillsides at high altitude (between 1,900 and 2,500 m), and on well drained marshes at an altitude of between 1,550 and 1,800 m. on this tour you will be able to see and experience how they harvest tea and how they produce it in the factory.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kigali Intl. Airport, Kigali Rwanda
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.