Teachers Mezcaleros: Distileries & Mezcal Tasting
In Oaxaca there are many mezcal distilleries. Many of them very popular. We look for more traditional and little known distilleries where they give you a detailed explanation of the entire process in the production of mezcal, in an artisanal and traditional way. Also, at lunchtime, you will visit one of the most popular dining rooms in the region. At the end, we will take a walk in the black clay crafts, in San Bartolo Coyotepec.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Mezcal tastings
- Bottled water
- For your protection radio guides with a range of up to 100 meters
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ocotlán de Morelos, Oaxaca, Mexico
We drive by car for approximately 1 hour to the valley of Ocotlán where we will visit the production house of alembics and barrels, utensils that are used for the fermentation of agave for the production of mezcal. In this space you will learn how the utensils that help to ferment the maguey are made.
You will receive a lecture to understand the importance of practices for the production of this emblematic drink of Oaxaca.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ocotlan de Morelos, Ocotlan de Morelos, Southern Mexico
After this we move to the center of Ocotlán where we will visit the local market and meet Frida Kahlo Oaxaqueña, you will be impressed by the resemblance of Doña Betty with the famous artist Frida Kahlo.
She is Mrs. Betty who welcomes us with a pleasant smile and invites us to taste regional dishes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, Mexico
We continue our route to the town of Santa Catarina Minas, a community recognized as one of the best regions in the world in the production of ancestral mezcal.
Here, the mezcal master will explain step by step the production process of Ancestral mezcal and the tasting of this emblematic ancestral drink.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Bartolo, San Bartolo, Southern Mexico
Finally we will visit San Bartolo Coyotepec, black clay pottery from Oaxaca.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all the travelers in the city center. For travelers staying at points far from the center, we meet at a meeting point: Jardin del Pañuelito, south side of the Church of Santo Domingo, next to the restaurant "Casa Oaxaca"
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.