Tecnoparco Archimede: Archimede's Technology Museum Entry Ticket
At the 'Technoparco Archimede' museum of Syracuse you will embark on a journey discovering Technology. A visit to the museum will reveal the extraordinary legacy left by the great Syracusan scientist's studies and inventions.
Here you can see replicas and models of scale instruments of the 3rd century B.C; see the replicas and scale models of the instruments and machines that had a decisive contribution to Archimedean studies.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Entry/Admission - Tecnoparco Museo di Archimede
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transport to/from attraction
- Visit: Tecnoparco Museo di Archimede, Viale Giuseppe Agnello 26, 96100, Syracuse, Sicily Italy
Near the Archaeological Park of the Neapolis, about 200 meters from the Greek Theater, you will find yourself in a green and relaxing space, where the passion for science, for Archimede, for the country's history and culture will make you dive into the past of Syracuse and into your scholastic reminiscences.
The museum has an audio-visual route illustrating the life of the scientist, thus allowing you to frame the character in the historical period in which he lived. The park is then divided into thematic areas: the first area is that of simple machines, where you can admire examples of levers and applications related to mechanical advantage, such as hoists and winches. Another area illustrates the evolutionary path of catapults and ballista between the 5th and 3rd centuries B.C. These are reconstructions of life-sized war machines invented or augmented by Archimedes to defend the city of Syracuse during the Roman siege in the third century B.C.
There is also a lifting machines section, that highlights the use and classification of these machines in the Hellenic and the Hellenistic period. In the area dedicated to hydro-statics and hydraulics there are communicating vessels, siphons, The Vine of Archimedes, Ctesibie Pumps and evel pumps. Two water clocks follow, a press for grape pressing and the 'ustori' mirrors. Extensive explanatory captions are placed near the machines.
The Technopark Archimedes represents an enormous historical and scientific cultural stage for those who wish to do cultural tourism in Syracuse; it is also an exciting opportunity for students who wish to enriching their knowledge.
Come to visit us!
Departure Point :Tecnoparco Museo di Archimede, Viale Giuseppe Agnello 26, 96100, Syracuse, Sicily Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Children under 6 years old enter Free of charge
- Reduced price when minimum of 4 people book together
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.