Temazcal Private Tour
We will transport you to the heart of the jungle. You will live a new adventure there and will experiment one of the most antique traditions of our country: Temazcal which is used during ceremonies of care for the purification of the body or to look after diseases or to improve health.
You will have the opportunity to live an authentic ceremony of the ancestral Mayan culture, offered by the chaman of the community.
Temazcal, with its shape of igloo, represents the stomach of Mother Earth. People who enjoy the ceremony feel a kind of rebirth.
You will discover the customs, the house, the faiths and the lifestyle of the Mayas since their ancestors until nowadays.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Peanuts and cereal bars
- All Fees and Taxes
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Dinner - Light dinner with fruits, tea and water
- Bilingual guide
- Entry/Admission - Temazcal Cancun
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temazcal Cancun, Carr. Cancun-Merida Km 302. Calle Flamboyan 8, Cancun 77500 Mexico
he tour begins inside a Mayan house, where the guide will explain how the Mayas live, a presentation of the house will be made (the roof of palm tree, the hammock, the stove, the use of furniture of kitchen as: molcajete, a manual mill of corns, clothes etc.…). You will learn how to make tortillas, as the former Mayas made ithem, Tortillas could be eaten by the customers if they want. Afterward, we will visit the circle of sea snails, where you will learn to blow in sea snails to ask permission to Mother Nature for entrance to the Temazcal. We will move to the altar where the chaman of the Mayan community will welcome you, by offering you of the balche (Mayan drink which helps open pores, made by bark of trees, honey, water, of zacate and lemon). At this moment will be taught some Mayan words to use inside Temazcal. We will move to the circle of fire but at first the chaman will make a purification with some medicinal herbs. Inside the circle of fire you will touch the sea snails and you will ask for permission to the 4 cardinal points to enter the temazcal. You will enter one by one the temazcal to begin the sauna, the Shaman will sing and pray in order to cleanse body and soul.
Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes
Stop At: Sacred Cenote, Yucatan, Mexico
When the ceremony of the temazcal ends, we will go to a cenote to cool down and enjoy the amazing crystal clear waters.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at the lobby of your Hotel. We will confirm your exact pickup time ONE day before your tour.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We use mouth covers all the time.
- We use gel antibacterial.
- We wash our hands every 30 minutes.
- We do not touch our face, noise, and mount.
- We say “Hello” with 1.5 mts of distance.
- We take the temperature to our employees every day.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The guide must be equipped with basic hygiene equipment will consist of: ● Medical grade masks. ● Latex or nitrile gloves. ● Antibacterial gel with 70% alcohol. ● Atomizer with alcohol and water or with Lysol. • Each unit will operate at 50% of its capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.