Templar Route Tour
Local guide with great knowledge regarding the historical and cultural heritage of the visited areas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to the Castles
- Bottled water
- Seasonal fruit
- Handmade cookies
- Insurance included
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Almourol
- Entry/Admission - Convento de Cristo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelo de Almourol, Praia do Ribatejo 2260 Portugal
In the middle of the Tagus River, the enigmatic Almourol Castle is one of the most emblematic monuments of the Christian reconquest.
Its history reminds us of the Reconquest of Portuguese territory during the Middle Ages. When the Christians arrived here in 1129, the castle already existed under the name Almorolan, and was incorporated immediately afterwards into the land that was placed under the protection of the Knights Templar, whose master at that time was Gualdim Pais. According to an inscription at the entrance of the castle, its reconstruction work began in 1171.
Along with the castles of Tomar, Zêzere and Cardiga, it was part of the defensive line of fortifications along the Tagus River.
After the Order of the Knights Templar was dissolved and the need to defend the territory ceased to exist, the castle remained abandoned and forgotten until it was adopted by the predominant romantic spirit of the nineteenth century and restored to its present appearance.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Convento de Cristo, Igreja do Castelo Templario, Tomar 2300-000 Portugal
The origin of Tomar castle is closely linked to the beginnings of the kingdom of Portugal and the presence of the Templars in the Iberian peninsula, then occupied in most of its territory, by the Islamic kingdoms. It was the time of the Crusades and the peninsula, like Palestine, was recognized as a crusade land. In this context the Templars take part in the formation of the new Christian kingdoms of the Iberian peninsula.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer transfer to all participants in the region of Óbidos and Caldas da Rainha, if not, thank you to contact +351936126910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.