Temple, Breakfast and Dance: Discover the Culture of Chennai
On your private tour you will discover the unique culture of Chennai. Experience a colorful prayer ceremony at the historical healing temple of Marundeeswarar, enjoy a south Indian breakfast, watch the classic ‘bharatanatyam’ dance and explore an art gallery.
This Chennai’s regional, cultural, food, and art tour is somehow a kind cultural tour. Experience a colorful prayer ceremony at the historical healing temple of Marundeeswarar, watch the ancient dance form of ‘bharatanatyam,’ explore an art gallery, and enjoy a typical south Indian breakfast.
• Explore Chennai city’s regional, food, and art scenes.
• See a morning Pooja prayer ritual at the Marundeeswarar Temple
• Learn about Marundeeswarar’s history and reputed healing powers
• Experience classic 'bharatanatyam' dance and music at an arts academy
• South Indian breakfast. (Beverage Excluded).
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Private Air-condition Vehicle.
- Traditional breakfast at South Indian Restaurant. ( Beverage Excluded
- English Speaking Local Guide.
- Pick up / drop within city center.
- 02 bottle mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Kalakshetra Dance School
What's excluded :
- Any Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marundeeswarar Temple, Near Beach of Bay of Bangal, Chennai (Madras) India
You will be picked up at 07:00 AM from your Chennai hotel and be driven in a private vehicle with your English Speaking guide and drive to Chennai’s Marundeeswarar Temple.
Upon arrival, start your tour with a visit to the colorful temple.
Admire the intricate Dravidian-style architecture of this 1,200-year-old temple, and learn from your guide how it's dedicated to the Hindu deity, Shiva. Discover, too, how it's held to have healing powers, curing worshippers of sickness and disease. Watch locals congregate for the morning Pooja prayer ritual in worship of the Marundeeswarar Lingam, a shrine thought to have been created naturally rather than by human hand.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kalakshetra Dance School, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai (Madras) India
After this, move to visit local restaurant for south Indian breakfast, including a dosa, a crispy pancake made using rice and lentil batter.( Beverage Excluded )
Once your breakfast is over. Your guide will take you to visit to the Kalakshetra Dance Academy, a renowned Chennai arts center that teaches bharatanatyam, one of India’s oldest classical dance styles. Learn about this ancient dance and its accompanying carnatic (classical music of south India) vocals and music played on instruments like cymbals, drums, and flutes. Watch student dancers and musicians learning bharatanatyam techniques and mudras (movements), and then explore an art gallery showcasing regional art. At the end of your trip, you will be driven back in your private vehicle to your hotel.
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your city center hotel or to the fixed point within city.
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress code: Please dress conservatively because you will be visiting temples and a respected art academy.
- Kalakshetra is educational institution generally they don’t entertain visitors due to disturbance in their Campus. Permission is at the discretion of the administrative officer.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.