Temple of Olympian Zeus: Self-Guided Audio Tour on your Phone (without ticket)
Step inside one of the most potent landmarks of Greece and Athens, the Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion), and enjoy a unique experience with a fascinating audio tour on your smartphone. Marvel at the remains of a colossal temple at the pulsating heart of the city and gain invaluable insight into the history and myths of ancient Athens. End your walk with a stop at the balaneion, the Greek public bath and discover an ancient bathhouse to picture what everyday life must have been like thousands of years ago. This is an unmissable opportunity to explore the largest temple of Ancient Greece and to see the city’s history coming to life through an award-winning storytelling concept!
* Ticket/entrance fee to the archaeological site is not included.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee for the Archaeological site of the Olympieion
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Olympian Zeus
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Olympian Zeus, Leoforos Vasilissis Olgas Leoforos Amalias, Athens 105 57 Greece
Temple of Zeus
Set on a riotous journey back in time to learn about the turbulent 700-year history of the construction of the temple and its fate throughout the centuries. This is also a perfect chance to freshen up your Greek Mythology and listen to the story of the Great Deluge, the divine wrath that fell upon humankind on a day when Zeus felt kind of stormy!
Temple of Apollo Delphinios
Gazing at the ruins of the temple of Apollo Delphinios, learn how god Apollo earned his nickname and became associated with dolphins in Greek mythology. The site is also home to many brutal stories, including a gory bloodbath upon which the city was founded by Theseus, one of the city’s legendary kings.
At close proximity to Olympieion, you will end your walk in front of the balaneion to discover the relics of an ancient bathhouse. You will learn about the rejuvenating benefits of public baths and how the Greeks and the Romans ritualized the act of bathing turning it into an integral part of their everyday life.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Temple of Olympian Zeus, Athens 105 57, Greece
Departure Time :11/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:30 PM
11/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 03:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email through Viator, from our local supplier, Clio Muse Tours with further instructions about your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable in the archaeological site & mobile signal may be weak. So, please download the mobile app from Google Play/Apple Store, select the audio tour "The Great Debt: The Olympieion, Athens" & download it on your smartphone to enjoy it offline
- Please consider that is an audio tour & admission fees are not included in the price
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- Please ensure you have enough storage space. (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB)
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- Temple of Olympian Zeus hours of operation: 1 November - 31 March 8:30 - 16:00, 1 April - 15 May: 8:00 - 18:00 p.m, 16 May - 31 August: 8:00 - 20:00, September: 8:00 - 19:30, October: 8:00 - 18:30
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.