Temple of sin (moon) god
mesopotamia is lands of civilization and births all over the world . since B.C 2500 unchanging name Harran and fertile crescent . we will see temple of sin (moon) god,palace of Umayyads,Babylon observatory,anatolian first with square a mosque and city walls
Harran is mentioned as an important trade center in northern Mesopotamia, situated on the road from the Mediterranean Sea to the heart of Assyria. It is also mentioned as provincial capital in the Assyrian empire and sanctuary of the moon god Sin, well into the third century CE.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- About 50 kilometers south of Şanlıurfa, Harran offers visitors a taste of a different culture, and its long history of settlement provides some fascinating historic attractions and links with the present. Although most tourists come here to soak up its ancient atmosphere, modern Harran, near the border with Syria, is also home to a distinctly Syrian Arab influence. Locals here speak Arabic as well as Turkish, and their traditional mud-brick beehive style of housing can also be found across the border in Syria's northeast.
Throughout the excavation work in Harran, more than 10,000 historical artifacts including ceramic, glass and metal objects, coins, architectural pieces, figures, sculptures, bone and ivory objects, and storage jars have so far been unearthed, all of which are currently on display at the Şanlıurfa Archeology Museum.
Departure Point :airport or bus station
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.