Teotihuacan Morning Tour with an Archeologist and Tequila Tasting
BEST TOUR IN MEXICO TRIPADVISOR AWARDS 2020 WINNER AND TOP 25 WORLDWIDE.
Visit the pyramids of Teotihuacan – City of the Gods – on this archeological tour from Mexico City with a specialized guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Round transfer from meeting point
- Liquors tasting
- Entrace to Teotihuacan
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Eje Central Lazaro Cardenas, Tlatelolco, Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City 06900 Mexico
Pass by Tlatelolco & learn of the importance of the place which was part of the capital of the Aztec empire. See the Plaza of the Three Cultures where Pre-hispanic, colonial and modern Mexico blend.
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica Teotihuacan, Ecatepec Piramides km.22 + 600, San Juan Teotihuacan 55800 Mexico
Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Commonly referred to as the City of the Gods, this pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city is known for its well-preserved murals, vast Avenue of the Dead and the impressive pyramids that mark its landscape.
Arrive at the archeological park before the crowds in the early morning just as it begins to open its gates. Take in the serene and mystical atmosphere as your group meanders through large empty plazas in the absence of the crowds and explore the pyramids.
View the murals, architectural as your guide explains their archeological significance, and tells stories about the culture that inhabited this ancient city.
Climb the steep steps to the top of the Sun Pyramid and the Moon Pyramid – the principal axis of Teotihuacan. From the summit, view the lengthy Avenue of the Dead, the mile-long (2.5 km) road that divided the city and extended from the Moon Plaza in the north to the Great Compound in the south.
Duration: 3 hours 10 minutes
Stop At: Tlacaelel, Circuito Arqueológico de las Pirámides de Teotihuacán Entre puerta 1 y 2, Purificacion, 55800 San Juan Teotihuacan de Arista, Méx., Mexico
To complete this experience in this impressive site, you’ll stop in an obsidian workshop with a truly Teotihuacan family, where you will be offered tastings of liqueurs made from cactus as well as tequila, mezcal and pulque.
Right there you will take the lunch (not included) which by the variety of dishes and its Mexican traditional flavor is in itself another great experience before your guide delivers you back to the central meeting points.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :1: Calle Liverpool 169, Juárez, Cuauhtémoc, 06600 Col Juárez, CDMX, Mexico
2: Hostal Amigo, A, Isabel La Católica 61, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please know that you have to be in one of our meeting points:. 169 Liverpool St, Mexico City Reforma departure time is 6:20 AM, Hostal Amigo departure time is 6:50 AM
- You can go to any departure points you choose. Please arrive 10 minutes before the start times specified on the departure points.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.