Terracotta on the wheel: ancient gestures for eternal forms - Laboratory
You will then have the opportunity to shape your object on the wheel, with the simple movement of the hands, retracing the same ancient gestures of centuries ago.
Then you will color your piece with the "secret" recipe of the colors of the earth and put it in the oven.
per adult from
What's included :
- Materials and tools used during the laboratory
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting and local products
- The object created will be owned by the traveler
What's excluded :
- Shipping to the object to be agreed
- About 40 years have passed since I started the trade of potter at a very young age, inheriting the knowledge from the old artisans of Fratte Rosa, a very pretty and welcoming town, situated on the hills
Marche and immersed in a beautiful landscape.
Mr. Odo, the elderly potter of the place, taught me the art that I undertook with mastery and over time, shaping the terracotta objects and forms handed down over the centuries by simple word of mouth, my passion has become more and more great.
My shop is open to everyone: to children and adults, to those who already know how to work on the wheel and to those who want to approach it for the first time; because one day I will also have to give up the baton and ensure the continuity of my "job", handing it down to someone else.
At the end of the workshop I will be happy to make you appreciate also some typical delicacies of this area. And you can take home your unique work, like a small fragment of the territory visited, to take home.
Departure Point :Via Santa Vittoria, 37, 61040 Fratte Rosa PU, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.