Thanlyin Day Trip from Yangon
- Thanlyin is the quiet and peaceful town, just thirty minutes’ drive from buzzing Yangon
- It is a part of Yangon Region and has the country’s largest and major international port.
- Learn about the histories and culture of each religious sites; old Portuguese church, pagoda on hilltop, Buddhist stupa built on a small island and wish-fulfilling Hindu temple.
- Observe the living standard of local people along the way from your experienced guide
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Kyauktan
What's excluded :
- Meals and snacks
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and driver
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyauktan, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Perhaps Myanmar’s most historic trading port, Thanlyin came to prominence as the main port city of the Hathwaddy Kingdom in the 15th century. It later changed hands between the Portuguese, Rakhine, Bamar, French, Konbaung, and British empires.
Our trip starts with a hotel pick up. Approximately thirty minutes on the way to Thanlyin you'll stop at a partially destroyed ancient Portuguese church. The standing ruins still offer an interesting insight into this distinct colonial architecture and building techniques. Carry on to the hilltop Kyaik Khauk Pagoda, a place of worship that dates back 2,000 years.
After lunch break, a further 30-minute drive southeast from Thanlyin and you arrive at Kyauk Tan, a small township that hosts the celebrated Yele Pagoda. Built on a small island in the middle of the Hlaing River, which you’ll cross to by boat, the pagoda area is sanctuary, a peaceful respite from the bustle of town.
After, east through rural paddy fields to the Pilikan Muneeswarar Temple, a famous monument of Hindu worship known locally as a “wish-fulfilling temple.” After, we’ll hop back in the car and return to Yangon.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in central Yangon.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.