Thanlyn And Yele Pagoda – Full Day
Bago, Twante, and Thanlyn cities are the neighborhood of Yangon where we can make a day trip. After 30-minute drive, we’ll arrive at Myanmar National Races Villages and walk around to learn how traditional houses are built. We can see Bago River’s view from the watch tower and to the Thanlyn city. The city first came to prominence in the 15th century as the major port. Around 1993, with the help of China engineers, Thanlyin Bridge was built and Thanlyin was finally connected to Yangon by road. Attraction places to see in Thanlyn are Central Market, Kyaik Khauk Zedi, 17th Century old Portuguese Church, Ye Le Pagoda (the pagoda and the shrine hall in the middle of Yangon River and it is unbelievably never flooded to the pagoda platform) and where big fishes are coming from in the middle of nowhere to pray at the pagoda during the Buddhist Lent. Lunch is served at Pwint Restaurant with traditional Burmese foods. End of the day go back to your hotel.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Something like hot dog or chicken salad or similar one.
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Immaculate Conception Church
- Entry/Admission - Kyaik-Khauk Paya
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yangon Yangon, 339 Bo Gyoke Aung San Road, Yangon (Rangoon) 11182 Myanmar
We'll pick up from any hotel in Yangon and drive to Thanlyn (Syriam) which used to be the major seaport in around 15th Century.
Stop At: Immaculate Conception Church, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
The earliest Catholic Church in Myanmar built in 17 Century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kyaik-Khauk Paya, Thanlyin, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Located in Thanlyn (Syriam) and it offers the stunning place to view Yangon River and Yangon city side. Good to experience another Buddhist temple and ways of life at the pagoda.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any hotel in Yangon.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.