Thar Desert Magic – 1 Day Safari with Sunset & Culture Show
Experience the magic of the Thar Desert that brings adventure seekers from around the world to Jaisalmer. With this tour you will get in a one day all the key highlights that will make it memorable forever: sunset camel safari, Rajasthani buffet dinner, music and dance culture show in our beautifully located luxurious desert camp.
This is the perfect tour for those who want to experience the desert but do not wish to spend the night in the resort.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Two hours sunset safari with one camel per person
- Welcome tea & snacks at the desert camp
- Traditional folk and music dance show
- Dinner - Buffet dinner prepared with fresh, local ingredients
- Bottled water
- Transportation with a jeep
- Visit to two historical monuments on the way (abandoned village & fort)
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry tickets for monuments
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hotel Fifu, Opposite Nagarpalika, Postal Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
This is the assembly point of your tour. If you opted for hotel pickup we will bring you here before the start.
Quick introduction to the team and review of the itinerary. You can also store luggage on our premises if you so desire.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kuldhara Abandoned Village, On the road to Sam Sand Dunes and the Thar Desert, Jaisalmer 345001 India
Visit Kuldhara - village established in 13th century and abandoned in 19th century most probably because of water shortages.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Khaba Fort, Khaba, Jaisalmer India
Visit picturesque Khaba Fort located on a hill overlooking the area.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fifu Camel Safaris, Opp.Nagarpalika, Bera Rd, C/o, HOTELFIFU, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
With an exciting jeep ride you'll reach our desert camp from where your two hours camel safari starts. Every participant will have a one camel to fully enjoy the ride and unobstructed views of the desert. Watching the sunset from the dunes is an unforgettable experience. As the sun sets, the sky and sands change colours to create one brilliant spectacle. The air becomes chillier and it seems as if the whole desert is preparing for the night. Keep your eyes open because sunset is also one of the best times to spot wildlife. As night emerges you can see the starry sky without any light pollution.
After blissfull time in the desert and with plenty of amazing pictures to share with your friends you will now head back to our desert resort to continue enjoying the time of your life. You will be warmly welcomed with tea and snacks while at the same time culture show begins. Every evening we have some of the best musicians and dancers from the area to perform traditional folk music and dance just for you. They will make sure it is a night to remember and you will be encouraged to participate and dance the night away. The rhythm is hard to resist. Snacks are served and fully equipped bar service is available.
In the meantime your appetite will grow and our chefs will make sure that your taste buds are satisfied. For dinner you will have a buffet table set up with local delicacies. Food is prepared using only the freshest local ingredients. A bonfire is kept going throughout the evening, so you will not feel cold. Our driver will take you back safely to Jaisalmer by 10 pm latest.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Fifu, Opposite Nagarpalika, Postal Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup & drop-off limited to 3km radius from city center. Please mention your hotel name.
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.