The AMAZING EMBERÁ Villages - A full day of incredible adventures
The Emberá ethnic group is one of the few indigenous groups that preserve their traditional clothing. Half-naked men and women with bare breasts.
This experience immerses you in the face of Panama that not all people will come to know ... The encounter with this fascinating indigenous culture will make all your problems and concerns be forgotten. You will never find people as noble, good and pure as these.
"This is definitely my favorite tour", our main tour guide and founder, Rafael Tello, commented ... "once you board the boats, time stops, nature embraces you, people amaze you, and you find a peace that you will not find in another activity. "
Accept the challenge. Challenge your comfort zone and experience the HIDDEN PANAMA that will surprise you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Bottled water
- Seasonal Tropical Fruits
- WiFi on board
- Professional & Bilingual Tour Guides
- Entry/Admission - Chagres National Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panama City, Panama City, Panama Province
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel and welcome you, apply the biosecurity protocols and guide you to this incredible day full of incredible surprises!
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Cementerio Municipal de Pueblo Nuevo, Panama City, Panama
This is where you start to discover a different part of Panama City that you will only know if you dare to enjoy this incredible adventure.
From the road, see a cemetery in its traditional form.
Pass By: San Miguelito, San Miguelito, Panama Province
The further we advance, the further we enter the heart of the local towns, San Miguelilto is one of them. Known for being declared a special district since the late 1960s
With its more than 300 thousand inhabitants, distributed in areas of social invasions that took place with the seizure of power by the military and the dictatorship of the time, San Miguelito, has become one of the areas in the Republic of Panama, with higher population density.
Pass By: Templo Baha'i, Panama City, Panama
A Jewel of modern architecture since 1972 is the Bahai Temple. Located on one of the highest hills in Panama City.
Stop At: Vía Principal la Cabima, Panamá, Panama
La Cabima has become the commercial center of the communities that live in the mountains of that area. Transportation problems, very dense traffic and long hours on public transport to get to the city center, has been the number one cause of growth in this area.
Here we make a 10-minute stop to buy the fruits with which you will accompany your lunch. The main reason for our stop is to support the local economy. By doing this, we contribute to making our tours more sustainable while supporting producers in the region.
You can also enjoy taking the best photos of true Panamanians in their hard daily work.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Cemex, Panama City, Panama
Cemex is the world's largest cement factory that arrived in Panama during the boom in the construction of the 3rd set of locks for the Panama Canal and its Expansion project.
Stop At: Chagres National Park, Carretera Madden, Colon Panama
After having reached the northern limit of the province of Panama, we entered the limits of the Chágres National Park. We make a 15-minute stop to use the restrooms and tour the Park's visitor center.
The Chágres National Park Visitor Center offers a very good introduction to the location, biodiversity and lifestyle of the area's inhabitants.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Corotú, Panama
Puerto Corotú is an artisanal port of embarkation for locals used by the surrounding communities, located right in front of Alajuela Lake. This man-made artificial lake, flooded in the late 1930s to contain the waters of the Chágres River during the rainy season, is the entry point to beautiful communities of fishermen, peasants and indigenous people.
Here will be your meeting with the indigenous people of the Embera ethnic group, who will welcome you, remember the biosecurity protocols during your visit and guide you to the place where you will board your "Piragüa" (boat made from the trunk of a single tree)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Chagres River, Colón, Panama
The Chágres River is the most important river for the operation of the Panama Canal. It provides more than 35% of the water that is required for the transit operations of ships through the interoceanic route.
During the dry season, the tour of this river can be extended up to 1 hour of navigation. In the rainy season, the river is at its maximum levels and the travel time is reduced to 40 minutes of navigation.
You will enjoy a trip through the tropical jungle, and nature will surprise you with its species of birds, amphibians and reptiles that you can appreciate, while the skilled indigenous people maneuver the boat on its journey through El Chagres!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your accommodation is not specified in this list, please contact our representative. It will be a great pleasure to schedule your pick up.Airports
- Tocumen Intl Airport, Panama City Panama
- Fuerte Amador. Resort & Marina, 084300762, Panamá, Panama
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.