The Andean Baroque Route Private Tour
The Andean Baroque Route is located along the road from Cusco to Puno, where you will visit the main churches of that time, which are still frequented by locals, as the temple of the Company of Jesus. However, the most impressive church is in Andahuaylillas, and is known as the Sistine Chapel of America because of the stunning art on its walls and ceilings, sculptures and retablos. In addition, you will discover two wonders of the 17th century, the church of Huaro with its magnificent altarpieces, murals and paintings showing scenes of life after death; and the Canincunca Chapel, facing the mysterious Lake Urcos, built on prehispanic ruins. Its murals reflect Andean textile designs and the bond between the Pachamama, linked to the productivity of crops and animals, and the Virgin Mary, protector of the human race. This visit will allow you to learn more about the various ways the Spaniards tried to introduce the natives to a new world of religious beliefs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Touristic transportation
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus
- Entry/Admission - Chapel of Our Lady of Purified Canincunca
- Entry/Admission - Templo San Juan Bautista de Huaro
- Entry/Admission - San Pedro Apostol de Andahuaylillas
What's excluded :
- Box Lunch
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus, Plaza de Armas del Cusco, Cusco 08002 Peru
A Jesuit church, located in the Main Square of Cusco. This Church is one of the most significant temples in Andean Baroque style.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chapel of Our Lady of Purified Canincunca, Main Plaza, Urcos Peru
The hermitage of Canincunca was dedicated to the Virgin of Candelaria. It was built with the purpose of evangelizing indigenous people. Its construction dates from the beginning of the 17th century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Templo San Juan Bautista de Huaro, Plaza de Armas, Huaro 08215 Peru
Built at the end of the XVI century and the beginning of the XVII century by Jesuits. The Church preserve magnificent altarpieces, murals and paintings showing scenes of life after death. Inside, the Renaissance altar is among the oldest of Peru.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Pedro Apostol de Andahuaylillas, Calle Tacna No 302, Andahuaylillas 08210 Peru
The San Pedro de Andahuaylillas church was built by the Jesuits in the late 16th century. The decoration of its interiors is the most impressive of the enclosure. It has a collection of canvases from the Cusqueña School that represents the life of San Pedro: with gold leaf frames, a majestic organ, silver metalwork and a baroque altar.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.