The Anne Hutchinson Tour of Provincetown
Get an introduction to Provincetown from America's most infamous colonial woman. Decidedly NOT a Pilgrim, Anne Hutchinson knows her history well enough to have been banished from Massachusetts 400 years ago and will walk you through the center of town to enliven central sites poignant to Ptown's story. Don't expect a long trek (0.5 mi), but do expect the "licentiousness and sinful liberty" that got Anne banished long ago. Some have called it comedy, making the tour for adults only. Receiving the seal of the Spirit from Anne takes roughly an hour. Tour is $15 plus whatever fees are charged by whatever platform you found this... unique... bauble of Cape Cod tourism on.
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- The Seal Of Christ
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Provincetown, Provincetown, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Nearly 400 years ago, they said I had "rather bine a Husband than a Wife... a preacher than a Hearer" and banished me from Massachusetts.
Hm, well... I've been able to pull myself back and gain a toehold at the tip of the (now) state that United them all. Please join me in spreading my "corrupt opinions" once more on a history tour through Provincetown's center!
As the Puritans' worst nightmare and icon for renovating gender, I think you will find there is no better mouth from which to hear Ptown's story.
Leaning into foes' accusations of "Licentiousnesse and sinfull Liberty", some call my modern preaching comedy. Please understand therefore that the tour is for adults only.
Do not waste time in discovering the grace of true Christ in your souls and join me as a member of the Elect!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Bas Relief Park, 106 Bradford St, Provincetown, MA 02657, USA
Return Detail :1 Gosnold St, Provincetown, MA 02657, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Can tour be wheelchair accessible?: Yes, please contact.
- Only for adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Though her face drives the ticket price, Anne wears a mask during this outdoor tour and requires the same from attendees. In the interest of distancing, the tour has been limited to 10 people, but it can be taken privately with the purchase of five or more tickets. Please message about this option.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.