The Art of Making Pizza
Toss dough, pile on toppings, and cook your way to true pizzaiolo (pizza maker) status during a family-friendly cooking class focused on perfecting Italy's famous pie. Working with a chef, learn traditional methods and professional tips before crafting your very own oven-baked creation.
Meet your chef at a cozy restaurant just steps from the Trevi Fountain. Listen as they describe Italy's rich culinary traditions, and then roll up your sleeves to help during a demonstration of making pizza dough from scratch. Pick up expert techniques, and then choose ingredients to top your pizza, whether you want to replicate a classic Italian recipe or invent your own.
At the end of the class, when the last crispy, perfectly cooked pie has been pulled from the oven, sit down to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Sip on local wines, sample your handmade pizzas and chat with your instructor about daily life and dining in Rome before your delicious evening comes to a close.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hands on Pizza cooking class
- Recipes to surprise your guests back home!
- wine or beer
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
If your wish has always been to know how to prepare pizza, this is a course definitely right for you!
This class at a famous restaurant, a few steps from the Trevi Fountain, is a 90-minute pizza-making lesson. One of your “fabiolous” chefs guides you through the Italian tradition of preparing pizza dough from scratch, explaining techniques and tips on making the best dough, and how to properly dress the pizza. You will be given your own ingredients in order to top the pizza with whatever you like and experiment with various recipes.
At the end of the hands-on lesson, you will enjoy drinking some local wine and eat the tantalizing Italian food you prepared while listening to stories about the charming surroundings and Romans’ daily life and discover if your skill level is now that of a proper “pizzaiolo.” This class is a very hands-on, family-friendly, and fun experience for students of all ages! This authentic and fun activity will lead you inside an unexplored knowledge of Italian habits on food.
Don't miss this special and memorable day!
Departure Point :Via in Arcione, 115, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.