The Baia Archaeological Park Tour with a Japanese Speaking Guide from Naples
Following the seaside road going toward North Area of Napoli passing by the famous city of Pozzuoli (hometown of most famous italian actress, Sophia Loren) .
Baia was a mineral springs and coastal resort on the northwest shore of the Gulf of Naples in ancient Italy. It was fashionable for centuries during antiquity, particularly towards the end of the Roman Republic;
The bathhouses of Baiae were filled with warm mineral water directed to its pools from underground sulfur springs. Roman engineers were also able to construct a complex system of chambers that channeled underground heat into facilities that acted as saunas. In addition to their recreational function, the baths were used in Roman medicine to treat various illnesses and physicians would attend their patients at the springs.
It was deserted and its ruins largely submerged by local volcanic activity by the time of the Renaissance;
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Departure from Naples hotel, train station, airport or from Napoli cruise ship pier. Luxury Private sedan car with Japanese speaking tour guide/driver. Upon arrival to Baia archeological site, enjoy the most famous Romae Termae site of South Italy in this 2 hours tour.
On the way thorugh Pozzuoli and Baia You can see The "Macellum" (market) is now known as Serapis. The Macellum owes its fame to the phenomenon of Phlegraean bradyseism.
The most remarkable ruins are those colloquially known as the Temple of Mercury, the Temple of Venus, and the Temple of Diana, which were traditionally credited to some of the more famous residents of the towns' villas.
Visit of "Temple of Mercury" also well known as the Temple of Echo, after the acoustical properties of its 21.5 m diameter dome, the largest in the world prior to the construction of Rome's Pantheon in ad 128.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is in Japanese only
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.