The Best of Klaipeda: Discover the City on a Walk and Talk Private Tour
A lovely walking tour for people who wish to see the best of Klaipeda Town in the company of an inspiring local guide. This is a great opportunity for those fond of walking to have a cosy stroll within reasonable time to enjoy the best of the historic city, learn to know about the best shopping spots, the most delicious beer and cheeses and to make a wish!
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Hotel pick up by the guide (walk from your hotel to the Old Town)
- Walking tour of the Old Town for 3 hrs
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Amber Queen
What's excluded :
- Any other admissions/donations
- Pick-up/drop-off at the hotel by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Pilies muziejus
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pilies muziejus, Pilies g. 4, Klaipeda 91240 Lithuania
Meet your professional tour guide in the hotel lobby and set off to explore the little town of Klaipeda, so rich with history and intreresting stories that you will get lost in time before you realize that the tour is already over.
During the city tour you will see the old Castle territory.
Klaipėda Castle, also known as Memelburg or Memel Castle, is an archeological site and museum housed in a castle built by the Teutonic Knights. The castle was first mentioned in written sources in 1252, and underwent numerous destructions and reconstructions in the centuries that followed. During the 19th century, having lost its strategic importance, the castle was demolished. Archeological work was performed at the site during the 20th century, and in 2002 a museum was established underneath one of its bastions. Currently, the castle is being restored.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Klaipeda Old City, On the Left Bank of River Dana, Klaipeda Lithuania
You will see the Old Town with the fascinating merchants warehouses in the typical German style with “fachwerk” (half timbered) decorations.
Klaipėda's Old Town is different from the rest of Lithuania since it has a lot of German and Scandinavian architecture. It is unique with its fachwerk architectural style and the planned street structure, can't be found in any other old town in Lithuania. Its streets are geometrically configured very correctly, and the angle of intersection is always straight. One of most popular places in Klaipėda‘s old town is The Theatre Square. It hosts a variety of concerts, the Sea Festival, the International Jazz Festival and other events. In the square you shouldn't miss the Tarawa Anike sculpture depicting a youthful barefoot girl.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Theatre Square, KurpiU g, Klaipeda 91243 Lithuania
The tour will take you to the Theatre Square with the Simon Dach fountain, which is named after the 17th century German poet, born in Klaipeda. The fountain portrays a statue of a girl named Annehen von Tharau, who is the subject of a famous German wedding and love song.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sculpture Cat Klaipedis, Kalviu g., Klaipeda 91248 Lithuania
You will get to meet the mysterious inhabitants of the city, learn funny stories about them and make your wish!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Amber Queen, Turgaus g. 3, Klaipeda 91247 Lithuania
And of course no visit to Klaipeda can be compleyte without a visit to the Amber Queen Museum, romored to be the best private amber collection in thr world! You will make sure to check if it's true, and will also get a chance to shop for extraordinary pieces for amber for sale.
At the end of the tour, your guide will explain how to get back to the hotel (very easy) and will make suggestions for beer tasting!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up by the guide (walk from your hotel to the Old Town)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- NOT suitable for people with limited walking ability and wheelchair users.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.