The best of Siena group tour
Are you thinking of visiting Siena for the first time? Do you want to discover this magical city? Come and get to know its historic medieval center and immerse yourself in its gastronomy, in the company of a local guide, expert and passionate! You will discover the most important monuments, the hidden corners, outside the usual tourist routes. You will walk through the characteristic alleys and you will reach the famous Piazza del Campo, with its shell shape, the heart of the life of the ancient Republic, where the Palio, a famous horse race, is held. Here you will learn more about the tradition of the Contrade, the districts in which Siena is divided. The route will lead you to the Duomo, Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, to admire its Romanesque-Gothic architecture. This tour includes a special Italian-style treatment: a small tasting of the best Sienese sweets, such as almond biscuits called Ricciarelli, Panforte and Cantucci, accompanied by a glass of Vinsanto!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tasting of local traditional sweets such as Ricciarelli, Panforte, Cantucci and a glass of Vinsanto.
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets of any site
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Siena
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
Explanation of the history and curiosities of one of the most beautiful squares in Italy, where the famous Palio di Siena takes place in summer.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
Explanation of the history of the Cathedral and its fascinating square.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Storico di Siena, Piazza Del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
You will discover the most important monuments, but also hidden corners, outside the usual tourist routes. You will walk through characteristic alleys and you will reach the famous Piazza del Campo, with its typical shell shape, the heart of the life of the ancient Republic, where the Palio, the famous horse race, is held twice a year. Here you will learn more about the fascinating tradition of the Contrade, the districts in which Siena is divided. The route will lead you to the magnificent Duomo, the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, to admire its Romanesque-Gothic architecture.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :San Domenico, 53100 Siena, Province of Siena, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.