The Best of the Golden Ring (by Car)
We will visit sights including the famous Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius Monastery, Chernigov Skete (monks retreat), Museum of a classiс Village house and Matryoshka painting or candles making masterclass. Learn about Russian history, culture and the architecture styles of Orthodox churches.
Enjoy a full-day small group tour departing from Moscow to the Golden Ring!
per adult from
What's included :
- Small group experience with an English speaking guide
- Pickup and Dropoff at Belorusskaya metro station
- Herbal tea with monastery pastries tasting
- Matryoshka painting workshop
- Transportation by car or minivan
What's excluded :
- Gratuities / tips (very much appreciated!)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moscow With Locals, Moscow Russia
* Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel early morning, at 8:00 am and then set off for a full day countryside trip. We will ride on a business class car around 80 km towards the town of Sergiev Posad, one of the Golden Ring towns. First, visit a famous Russian Orthodox retreat temple Chernigov Skit for early morning church service.
* After the service, continue to the Folk (villagers life) Private museum and then we finally reach St Sergius Monastery. We will enjoy a walking tour, visit 15th,16th and 17th century temples, will take a look at famous icons of Andrey Rublyov and learn about Russian history and about Holy Trinity Lavra Monastery importance in the spiritual and also political life of Russia. Along the way, you will have a chance to try a famous Russian Summer drink, called kvas (if your trip is during the summertime) with famous Russian pastries called pirozhki. Take a break for lunch in a nice cafe where you will have a chance to try dishes from Russian or soviet cuisine.
* After lunch we have an option to do something creative with our hands. If you like, we can do a mater class of matryoshka painting or church candles making from real wax. After our class we will have a nice walk around Lavra and will visit the fresh water spring.
* If we still have time, the final stop of the day is a Abramtsevo estate, a 19th century retreat for Russian writers and painters, a gorgeous place to learn about the Russophile movement and relax before transferring back to Moscow. You will be dropped off at Belorusskaya metro station around 5 pm at the conclusion of your tour. Feel free to ask questions and your guide will share some useful information and suggestions on what to do and to see best in Moscow.
Expect to return back to Moscow at 17:00 - 17:30 (depends on traffic)
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :ploshchad' Tverskaya Zastava, 29, Moskva, Russia, 125040
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, dress accordingly
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.