The Big Albertina Art Tour: from Albrecht Dürer to Gerhard Richter
The Albertina is a multidisciplinary museum. In its historical rooms you'll find graphic masterpieces by Dürer and Rubens. There is an exhibition of Impressionists and Avant-garde art from the Butliner collection, as well as contemporary art halls and photography.
In this art tour, we will visit each of the rooms to discover the must-see objects from the permanent exhibition and the masterpieces of the temporary exhibitions. We will try to find the answer to the question of how important it is for us - the viewers - to be aware of the artist's personality and whether that helps us to understand works of art, or whether it rather distorts our perception of art. We will look at the specifics of the style of the different artists and try to understand how attitudes towards creative freedom and the concept of inspiration have changed through the different centuries.
• Historic rooms (graphics by Dürer, Rubens, Schiele and Klimt).
• The exhibition "From Monet to Picasso" from the Butliners' collection: the triumph of geniuses and the death of the artist.
• Contemporary Art Halls: Hermann Nietzsche: the boundaries of the canvas. (until 11 August 2019)
• Albrecht Dürer and the Birth of Art for everybody from 21 September 2019 until 6 January 2020.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Art Historian Guide
- Skip-the-line Admission Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Albertina
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Albertinaplatz 1, Vienna 1010 Austria
The Albertina is one of the brand museums in Vienna. Its graphic collection is known all over the world, but the museum offers it to the public in small portions. To see the most famous pieces, you will have to plan your visit for a particular exhibition, waiting for which can take a few years, or settle for the copies in display, which is not that bad at all. Permanent exhibitions of the Albertina are represented by modernist art and avant-garde. Even though there are no famous pieces among the canvases of the Batliner’s collection from the point of view of the Western history of art, it makes it perfectly suitable for studying almost all kinds of artistic ‘-isms’ of the turn of the 20th century, since it is easier to trust our own feelings when it comes to perceiving the pieces that have not been claimed a masterpiece. The best collection of the Albertina is also great for studying the artistic features required by the modern art, such as seriation, contextuality, intention and the link to the artist’s personality, etc. So, if you feel like you understand the tenderness Toulouse-Lautrec experienced when drawing his horse named Gazelle, you will easily find an approach to the works of Tracey Emin and Hermann Nitsch.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Albertinapassage 1674/2, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.