The "Bourbon Pompeii TM"
This tour is the perfect way to travel the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. You will participate in a river tour, passing through one of the locks that has transported millions of gallons of bourbon through it in our history. You will also see the distillery from an angle many do not get to see; from the river!
After leaving the river, we will travel back to the distillery, where you will go on the specially designed "EH Taylor Tour", which is a tour in very high demand and very limited. See the "Bourbon Pompeii TM", the oldest part of the distillery, over 175 years old! Finish things off with a private tasting in the EH Taylor house... hardly anyone gets to go in here! Then there is plenty of time left to peruse the well stocked Gift Shop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Kentucky River Tours, "The Bourbon Boat"
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Buffalo Trace Distillery, 113 Great Buffalo Trce, Frankfort, KY 40601-2091
you will visit the "Bourbon Pompeii", the oldest known part of the distillery grounds which was just recently rediscovered while doing some construction work. This part of the distillery has been excavated and turned into an archeological site providing a glimpse into bourbon history. This tour is offered through Buffalo Trace as a Special Tour, called the "EH Taylor Tour", requiring reservations, and is EXTREMELY difficult to find availability. But WE HAVE IT for you! AS part of this tour, you will take part in a tasting of Buffalo Trace's bourbons and vodka's at the "normally for the distinguished guests of the distillery" only building known as the EH Taylor House. This, like the tour, is almost impossible to get in to. But again, WE HAVE IT! Also, you will get to see this part of the distillery from all sides, including the river front, as we include a special Kentucky River Lock Through which puts you right behind the distillery where the "Bourbon Pompeii" is located!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kentucky River Tours, "The Bourbon Boat", 701 Wilkinson Blvd, Frankfort, KY 40601, USA
Guests will be part of our Lock and Dam tour, getting to see all sides of Buffalo Trace Distillery, as well as going through the operation Lock and Dam #4, which was built in 1840!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Buffalo Trace Distillery, 113 Great Buffalo Trace, Frankfort, KY 40601, USA
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.