The caravan of the desert, 7 days of travel including 6 days on foot
Desert melody is born from the desire to discover, in an authentic way, the desert of Morocco by the Drâa Valley, its cultures and its nomadic traditions.
For 8 years, our travel agency, "Mélodie du Désert", local and authentic, is specialized in walking and camel trekking in the Moroccan Sahara.
We are appreciated by trekkers for our simplicity and authenticity.
per adult from
What's included :
- Certified guide
What's excluded :
- All inclusive, except lunches & drinks during the trips (day 1 and day 7)
7 days trip to / from Marrakech.
Day 1: Trip Marrakech-Mhamid (455 km) with tours proposed on the road. Overnight stay in the bivouac of Mhamid, in the heart of the dunes.
Day 2 to day 7: Trek of 6 days and 5 nights "the caravan of the desert" accompanied by the camel caravan and a nomadic team from the Draa Valley. Walking is "intermediate" with 4h to 5h walk per day. This trek allows to discover the most beautiful ergs of the Drâa valley, with a very beautiful diversity of landscape. It is also a real invitation to discover and meet the nomadic Sahara culture.
Day 7: End of the trek and return to Marrakech in the evening
Departure Point :Marrakesh, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure from the airport, a riad or Jema Efna square
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.