The city of Romeo and Juliet: An audio tour through Verona's cobbled streets
Verona is as timeless and romantic as the story of Romeo and Juliet, which takes place in its cobbled streets. On this self guided audio tour, you'll discover that there is more to the city than a tale of tragic love. We’ll leave the busy shopping streets and travel back in time, along the oldest Roman road in northern Italy. More than 2,000 years of history are reflected in the facades of its Roman and Medieval buildings, and there’s a mix of pragmatism and invention in the way old has been recycled into new. We’ll trace the shoreline of the Adige River too, taking in grand piazzas and picturesque alleyways. I'll also show you where to find the best Veronese cuisine along the way.
The tour’s highlights include:
• The arena where gladiators came to die
• A glimpse at the houses of Romeo and Juliet
• The Palazzi of the medieval powerhouse Scala family, as well as their private chapel and cemetery
• The splendour of Piazza Erbe, the ancient Roman forum
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: I Portoni della Bra, Piazza Bra, Verona Italy
The tour starts at Portoni della Bra.
Pass By: Piazza Bra, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Piazza Bra.
Pass By: Arena di Verona, Piazza Bra 1, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Arena Square.
Pass By: Chiesa di San Nicolo all'Arena, Piazza San Nicolo' 13, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour passes by San Nicolò all'Arena.
Pass By: Piazza Nogara, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
The tour passes by Piazza Nogara.
Pass By: Juliet's House, Via Cappello, 23, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
The tour passes by Juliet's House.
Pass By: Piazza delle Erbe, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Piazza Erbe.
Pass By: Piazza dei Signori, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Piazza dei Signori.
Pass By: Santa Maria Antica, Via Arche Scaligere 3, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Santa Maria Antica.
Pass By: Romeo's House (Casa di Romeo), Via delle Arche Scaligeri, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Romeo's House.
Pass By: Basilica di Santa Anastasia, Piazza San Anastasia, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Santa Anastasia Church.
Pass By: Ponte Pietra 1, 37121, Verona Italy
The tour stops briefly on Ponte Pietra.
Pass By: Via Diaz and Corso Porta Borsari angolo con Via A. Diaz, 37100, Verona Italy
The tour passes by Porta Borsari.
Departure Point :I Portoni della Brà, Corso Porta Nuova, 2, 37122 Verona VR, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/13/2020 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Verona Arena, Piazza Bra, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.