The Colonna Palace Walking Tour
The construction of the various wings of Palazzo Colonna lasted for five centuries and this led to the overlap of different architectural styles, both exterior and interior, that characterize it and reflect the different epochs of belonging.
From 1300 to 1500 it presented itself as a real family fortress. Oddone Colonna, elected pope on 11 November 1417 and assumed the name of Martin V, destines the Palace to the Pontifical See and lives there from 1420 to 1431, the year of his death.
In the austere halls of Palazzo Colonna, Pope Martino V plans and realizes in ten years a great plan of cultural, urban and administrative renaissance of the city of Rome, which lay in ruinous condition after the tormented period of the captivity of Avignon and of the Western schism. In 1527, during the sack of Rome by the troops of the Emperor Carlo V, Palazzo Colonna is one of the few buildings that are not burnt thanks to the good relations of the family with the Empire...
per adult from
What's included :
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Colonna - Galleria Colonna
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palazzo Colonna - Galleria Colonna, Via della Pilotta 17, 00187 Rome Italy
one of the hidden treasure of rome
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Via della Pilotta, 16, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.