The Cradle of human kind tour and Cable car
This tour is an awesome day out when visiting Johannesburg. You will discover the evidence of the first signs on man and enjoy the beauty of the Magaliesberg Mountain range which is one of the oldest mountain ranges on Earth.
An estimated 100 times older than Mount Everest and apart from its mountain scenery, the region is home to diverse flora and fauna. More than 130 species of trees as well as flowers, ferns, grasses and fungi grow in a variety of habitats in the area.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Maropeng Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Sterkfontein Cave
- Entry/Admission - Aerial Cableway Hartbeespoort
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maropeng Visitor Centre, R400 off R563 Hekpoort Road Sterkfontein, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site 1911 South Africa
Come and enjoy you day with us.
We start our day with Maropeng visiting center. Maropeng, meaning “Returning to the place of origin,” is situated on a World Heritage site known as The Cradle of Humankind. Think ‘Big Bang Theory,’ but even better!
Head towards the grand Tumulus building that houses the exhibition and transport yourself back in time. Learn how we evolved over millions of years, check out the fossils that have been excavated, watch videos of the times of dinosaurs and hop on an underground boat ride to the creation of the earth. We then head to
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Sterkfontein Caves Rd. Kromdraai Road Off the R563, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site South Africa
The caves also form part of the Cradle of Human Kind World Heritage site, named by UNESCO in 1999. Now this is where things get exciting, with an actual cave exploration down below.
Here in amongst the large masses of rock lies fossils that date back as far as 4 billion years. The famous ‘Mrs Ples’ and ‘Little foot’ are amongst those fossils found that have given scientists a lot of information about how us, ‘Homo Sapiens’ came to be.
Note: This tour can get a bit tricky in places as you will need to squeeze through some tight spots. If you are claustrophobic then you might want to stay above and check out the exhibition.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Aerial Cableway Hartbeespoort, Plot 3 45 mins from Jhb and Pta towards Sun City, Madibeng 0260 South Africa
After this excitement you would have built up an appetite . We head of for a cable car trip to the top of the Magalies Mountains.
Here is were you will enjoy a meal with uninterrupted 360-degree panoramic views over Pretoria, Johannesburg and the splendor of Hartbeespoort Dam.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will collect you from the concierge desk of your hotel. Nptours will notify you a day before of your guides name.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.