The Dark Side of Venice Plague Small Group Tour for Locals
Get ready to hear chilling stories from mysterious remedies like Theriaca, a sketchy antidote believed to help reduce the Plague symptoms, to the haunted islands where the plague victims were housed. You won’t believe the stories I’ll tell you and how these details are hidden in plain sight. And how about the notorious masks worn by the infamous Doctor of the Plague? I know the right place where to find them.
We’ll start at Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo, all the way to a Basilica that’s believed to hold mysterious and magical properties. As we discover this hidden side of Venice, I’ll show you stunning architectural and artistic monuments related to the Plague that you didn’t know where part of this dark story.
After this experience, you’ll be able to share with your family and friends details about the city that have been forgotten but are culturally relevant.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local host
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Venice, Venice, Veneto
Explore Venice from a unique perspective
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo, 30122, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.