The Dilmun Civilization
Dilmun, the name of the prehistoric civilization that once resided in modern day Bahrain, were at the heart of ancient trade routes. Unlike any other experience, this tour will awaken the archeologist within you as you retrace the steps of this archaic civilization and discover their cultures, arts and traditions.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- All monument fees
- Entry/Admission - Bahrain National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Qal'at al-Bahrain
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bahrain National Museum, Al Fatih Highway, Manama Bahrain
Bahrain National Museum: One of the first museums in the Gulf,
the Bahrain National Museum opened in 1988. The site itself, on
the edge of the sea, is a tremendous attraction, adding to its
contemporary ambience which is influenced by the white
travertine façade and dramatic courtyard decorated with
contemporary sculptures. Its the place to learn Bahrain's history,
culture & traditions.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Qal'at al-Bahrain, Karbabad Area Seef District, Manama Bahrain
Bahrain Fort: Thought to be once the centre of power for the ancient Dilmun civilisation, Qal'at Al Bahrain (Bahrain Fort) has UNESCO World Heritage status. The Bahrain Fort occupies a strategic military position where the navigation movement could be watched. Excavations have revealed ancient soldier's barracks, horse stables, an ammunition depot, a secret passageway, ceramic utensils and Islamic and Chinese currency coins.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Barbar Temples, Barbar Bahrain
Barbar Temple : The Barbar Temples are among the most remarkable architectural survivals of the ancient world without parallel in the region. This archaeological site, located in the North-western village of Barbar in Bahrain, is considered to be part of the Ancient Dilmun culture. The archaeologists found three temples built on top of each other belonging to different eras.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dilmun Burial Mounds, Shaikh Hamad Street, Riffa Bahrain
Burial Mounds: These archaeological mounds are of great historical importance going back to the Dilmun civilization in the third millennium BC. Other archaeological mounds, which go back to the Hellenistic period of Alexander the Great (2500 BC) are also found in various areas in Bahrain. The most imposing mounds are those believed to be the Dilmunite Royal Tombs. These tombs are seen in A'ali close to modern dwellings.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From All the City Hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.