The Duomo Complex and Its Hidden Terraces
Admire the magical aerial panorama and learn the secrets of the Duomo from a different point of view. Enjoy an exclusive perspective: admire Florence panorama from the Duomoʼs 32 metres high terrace and climb up to the top of the Dome!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Skip the line access to Florence Cathedral
- Guided tour of the Cathedral and exceptional opening of Duomo North terrace
- Skip the line and reserved access to Brunelleschi's Dome
- Exclusive access to the central nave
- Entry/Admission - Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore
- Entry/Admission - Cupola del Brunelleschi
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Giovanni, 50123, Florence Italy
Meet your guide at Piazza San Giovanni 7, the ticket office right in front of the iconic Duomo Complex. As you stand below this grandiose building, prepare for the experience of a lifetime! Not only will you explore inside the cathedral, but you will also go to a secret, picture-perfect terrace and have the opportunity to climb to the very top of Brunelleschi’s dome. From below, these high points may look small, but from above, they are truly breathtaking!
When your group has arrived, your guide will give you a short description of the Cathedral complex, including some background information about the architecture and its unique colors. Skip the line passes are included in this tour, so quickly walk with your guide to the front of the line, pass through security, and you will be ready to discover the secrets of the Florence Duomo!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Via della Canonica, 1 Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
Your licensed guide for Santa Maria del Fiore will go into vivid detail about the church and its fascinating history. You will learn why, unlike many others in Italy, the Florentines decided to keep the inside of Santa Maria del Fiore stark, with less decorations and elaborate frescoes.
Discover the stories behind the cathedral's artwork, until you reach the front and look up - it is Brunelleschi’s dome. The frescoed dome is truly breathtaking! As the highlight of Santa Maria del Fiore, you will be eager to see it upclose…
Follow your guide up a small set of stairs to the “hidden terrace.” A guard will unlock the door, and you will have complete access to a secret balcony. Admire panoramic views of Florence from above, as well as incredible access to the best photo spot right next to the dome. You will walk back in through a secret room of old statues which were previously placed outside of the Cathedral. The tour will last about an hour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cupola del Brunelleschi, Piazza del Duomo Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, 50122, Florence Italy
At this point, your guided tour will end. You will skip the line and climb to the very top of the dome! Climb a small set of stairs, which lead to a balcony directly beside the dome’s frescoes. Vasari’s frescoes will be within hands-reach, and you will be able to admire the detail with a new appreciation. Then, you will reach another set of spiral staircases. Climb up, and you will reach the most beautiful view of Florence you can imagine… at the very top of Brunelleschi’s Dome! Enjoy taking some unforgettable photos, then relax on one of the benches and admire the view. You can see the entire Florence skyline! Even some of the largest churches in Florence and fortresses in the hills look small in comparison to the view from above. Whenever you are ready to complete your time at the Florence Duomo, you can head down the steps and exit. This is a once in a lifetime experience where you can see the Cathedral and Dome from a completely different perspective.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza di San Giovanni, 7, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note the number of steps to reach the top of each monument: Terraces: 153 - Terraces + Brunelleschi's Dome: 153 + 310 from the Terraces
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- - A safe distance of one meter between clients will be maintained whenever possible. - The use of masks is mandatory. Clients must bring their own mask. - Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough; it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.