The Duomo square tour
• Experience Florence's Duomo Square, the city's most iconic landmark
• Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The Cathedral, Baptistery, and the Opera del Duomo Museum
• Benefit from a small-group walking tour around the Duomo Complex.
An amazing guided tour of Florence' Duomo Square where you will be partnered with the best local guides in town to get to know all the secrets of several significant sites in detail.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Walking tour around the Duomo Square
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Entrance ticket to visit Baptistery and Duomo Museum of Florence.
- Guided tour inside the Museo dell' Opera del Duomo and Baptistery of Saint John
- Entry/Admission - Museo dell'Opera del Duomo
- Entry/Admission - Campanile di Giotto
- Entry/Admission - Battistero di San Giovanni
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off / Transportation to/from attractions / Food and drinks
- Entrance to the Cathedral
- Reservation to Climb the Cupola
- Headphones will not be provided due to COVID-19 (We recommend to bring your own headphones)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
Piazza del Duomo is located in the heart of the historic center of Florence. It is one of the most visited places in the world and in Florence is the most visited area of the city. From the point of the meeting, the guide will give an insight into the history of this marvelous piece of art standing right in front of you.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo dell'Opera del Duomo, Piazza del Duomo 9, 50122, Florence Italy
Initially, the guide will talk your way to the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo, which commits to the conservation of the dome and other artworks of great masterpieces of Michelangelo, Donatello, Lorenzo Ghiberti, Luca Della Robbia, Arnolfo di Cambio, and many others.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Campanile di Giotto, Piazza del Duomo Historical Center, 50122, Florence Italy
Afterward, as you walk through the Piazza, you'll catch glimpses of the red dome that was completed in 1436 by Filippo Brunelleschi and was once known as the largest building in Medieval Europe. After an interesting explanation of this showstopper, your next stop will be the showpieces of the Florentine Gothic architecture, Giotto's Bell Tower standing adjacent to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Battistero di San Giovanni, Piazza San Giovanni, 50122, Florence Italy
The guide will also walk you around the exterior of the Loggia del Bigallo, a late Gothic building in Florence with an interesting historical fact. Finally, you’ll enter through the “Gates of Paradise” to the Baptistery of Saint John which stands across from the Duomo Cathedral. You will be guided on the technical and artistic point of view of architecture before the tour concludes.
The tour takes about an hour and a half, the perfect amount to see the highlights of Piazza Della Duomo.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Lindt Chocolate Shop Firenze Duomo, Piazza del Duomo, 15R, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- You do not need a ticket to visit the Cathedral; you can enter it at any time before or after this tour.
- Respect the dress code: NO skimpy tops, spaghetti straps or bare midriffs are allowed inside
- Shorts and skirts should be knee length to cover the knees. Sleeveless or short-sleeved shirts are fine. If in doubt, carry a light shawl or long sleeve top to wrap around you when you go inside. Caps and hats should not be worn inside either.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Bring your own headphones
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.