The Essence of Mongolia 4 Days
The Essence of Mongolia is an activity-packed tour into central Mongolia. Visit the Khogno Khan Reserve, the dunes at Elsen Tasarkhai before venturing to the Hustai National park to see the wild Takhi horses and plenty of other wildlife. This condensed trip lets you experience as much of Mongolia as possible in a short time of four days. Overnight, stay at authentic guest gers next to local nomadic families and in a comfortable ger camp one night. Learn about your hosts’ culture and traditions, socialize with them, ride horses and Bactrian camels, hike and visit hilltop temples. This all-encompassing trip contains most of what Mongolia offers, including must do’s and must-see and is perfect for those with limited time in the country.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- 4x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 4 nights
- Helmet and shin protectors will be provided for horse riding activity.
- Entry/Admission - Gandantegchenling Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Elsen Tasarkhai
- Entry/Admission - Hustai National Park
- Entry/Admission - Genghis Khan Statue Complex
What's excluded :
Day 1: GANDAN MONASTERY - GURVANBULAG - GER STAY
Stop At: Gurvanbulag, Mongolia
You will be picked up from your hotel and drive to Gandan Monastery - enter the temples, including that of the Migjid Janraisig with its huge golden Buddha statue. In the oldest temple complex listen to the chanting ceremonies which happen mid-morning. Afterward, board the vehicle again and head west to the northern part of the Gobi. Then it's onto Gurvanbulag, where you will be staying at a guest ger alongside a nomadic family. Enter the ger and experience the hospitality and traditional nomadic way of life - you can help make and drink milk tea, plus try homemade produce such as yogurt and dried curds. In the afternoon you will have a chance to do some horse riding in the surrounding hills, and visit the sand dunes nearby. In the evening, enjoy home-cooked dinner.
Duration: 15 hours
Stop At: Gandantegchenling Monastery, 1,5 KM North West of the Central Square, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
Before traveling to Gurvanbulag - you will be visiting Gandantegchileng Monastery, which was established and founded in the 19th century and the biggest running monasteries in Ulaanbaatar. You will have a guided tour through the temples for about an hour and back to the vehicle to continue the journey.
Duration: 1 hour
• Lunch: We will be having lunches at a local eatery on our way to Gurvanbulag, Bulgan.
• Dinner: It is your first night with the nomads and will have a traditional home-cooked meal.
Accommodation included: You will be staying in a guest ger next to the nomads.
Day 2: ERDENEKHAMBA TEMPLE - ELSENTASARKHAI DUNES - CAMEL RIDING
Stop At: Elsen Tasarkhai, Mongolia
Today you head to the nature reserve of Khogno Khaan, where you can explore the lower temple complex of Uvguun Khiid, see the reconstructed temples, prayer-wheel and look around the ruins. Then we recommend taking the 45-minute hike up to the old ruined temple complex in the hills - the scenery is fantastic, and depending on the time of year, wildflowers may be in abundance. Head back down to the valley floor, and onto the sand dunes at Elsen Tasarkhai, a 30-minute drive away. Tonight you will stay alongside a family of camel herders - settle into your gers and head off on a Bactrian ride across the dunes for an hour, then enjoy a home-cooked dinner.
Duration: 16 hours
• Breakfast: A traditional Mongolian breakfast.
• Lunch: We will have a home-cooked lunch with the nomads that we will be staying tonight.
• Dinner: Traditional steamed dumplings or other Mongolian dishes.
Accommodation included: You will be staying in a guest ger next to the nomads
Day 3: KHUSTAI NATIONAL PARK - TAKHI
Stop At: Hustai National Park, Ulaanbaatar 13 Mongolia
After a leisurely breakfast board the vehicle for the journey back east to Hustai. The drive will take 3 hours (190km) and on arrival visit first the park’s information center where you will learn about the plethora of wildlife roaming the National Park. Have lunch in the ger camp where you will be staying tonight, located right at the park’s entrance, then venture into the park to see the wild Takhi horses. Your guide will be in contact with the park rangers who will relay the animals’ location, and you have high chances of seeing them close. You can also venture deeper into the park on foot if you wish, perhaps to track wild deer or foxes – Hustai offers wonderful wilderness hiking opportunities. In the late afternoon return by vehicle to the camp, take a hot shower and enjoy hearty dinner.
Duration: 16 hours
• Breakfast: Have a traditional breakfast with the nomads.
• Lunch: We will be having a lunch at the Khustai National Park.
• Dinner: We will be having a dinner at the camp's restaurant.
Accommodation included: You will be staying at the Khustai ger camp.
Day 4: CHINGGIS KHAAN STATUE COMPLEX - ULAANBAATAR
Stop At: Genghis Khan Statue Complex, Tsonjin Boldog, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
After breakfast set off for the remarkable Chinggis Khaan Statue complex near Erdene soum for 200km. Once you arrive, climb up inside until you reach the exterior staircase which runs up the mane of the horse to a viewpoint overlooking the Tuul River, Terelj & the hills of the Khan Khentii. Then have lunch in the complex's restaurant. After lunch, come back down to the vehicle and return to Ulaanbaatar (2hrs/120km). You will be dropped off the location of your choice. End of the service.
Duration: 2 hours
• Lunch: You will be having a lunch at a local eatery.
Accommodation included: You will be dropped off the location of your choice. No accommodation is included.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you from a prearranged location in Ulaanbaatar.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.