The Essence of Mongolia 5 Days
An activity-packed journey into Central Mongolia, an area of diverse landscapes and the nomadic heartland of the country. See the Khogno Khaan Mountain, the dunes at Elsen Tasarkhai, the ancient Mongol capital the Kharkhorum, before venturing to the Hustai National park for the wild Takhi horses and a plethora of wildlife. This condensed trip is a great introduction to the rich diversity of Mongolia’s history. culture and landscapes, with authentic homestays in guest gers next to local nomadic families. Spend time with your hosts and also use these fabulous wilderness locations as a base to explore the surrounding area on foot, by horse, and by vehicle. You will experience a range of cultural traditions – music, cookery, ankle-bone games, archery, felt-making, ger building may all feature at some stage along your way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4x Breakfast
- 4x Dinner
- 5x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 5 nights
- Helmet and shin protectors will be provided for horse riding activity.
- Entry/Admission - Gandantegchenling Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Elsen Tasarkhai
- Entry/Admission - Genghis Khan Statue Complex
What's excluded :
Day 1: GANDAN MONASTERY - GURVANBULAG - GER STAY
Stop At: Gurvanbulag, Mongolia
You will be picked up from your hotel and drive to Gandan Monastery - enter the temples, including that of the Migjid Janraisig with its huge golden Buddha statue. In the oldest temple complex listen to the chanting ceremonies which happen mid-morning. Afterward, board the vehicle again and head west to the northern part of the Gobi. Then it's onto Gurvanbulag, where you will be staying at a guest ger alongside a nomadic family. Enter the ger and experience the hospitality and traditional nomadic way of life - you can help make and drink milk tea, plus try homemade produce such as yogurt and dried curds. In the afternoon you will have a chance to do some horse riding in the surrounding hills, and visit the sand dunes nearby. In the evening, enjoy home-cooked dinner.
Duration: 15 hours
Stop At: Gandantegchenling Monastery, 1,5 KM North West of the Central Square, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
Before traveling to Gurvanbulag - you will be visiting Gandantegchileng Monastery, which was established and founded in the 19th century and the biggest running monasteries in Ulaanbaatar. You will have a guided tour through the temples for about an hour and back to the vehicle to continue the journey.
Duration: 1 hour
• Lunch: We will be having lunches at a local eatery on our way to Gurvanbulag, Bulgan.
• Dinner: It is your first night with the nomads and will have a traditional home-cooked meal.
Accommodation included: You will be staying in a guest ger next to the nomads.
Day 2: ANCIENT CAPITAL - ERDENEZUU MONASTERY - KHARKHORUM MUSEUM
Stop At: Kharkhorin, Kharkhorin, Ovorkhangai Province
In the morning drive to Kharakhorum. We will be visiting the Erdenezuu monastery and take a walk around the main temples, and stroll around the grounds. Afterward, have at a local eatery. In the afternoon walk or drive around the ancient Mongol capital. Visit the Monument of the 3 Kings overlooking the Orkhon River, and the fertility stone on the edge of town. You will also have a chance to stroll around in the local market. In the have dinner back at the guesthouse and settle into your room for the night.
Duration: 16 hours
• Breakfast: A traditional Mongolian breakfast.
• Lunch: We have lunch at a local eatery.
• Dinner: We will have dinner at a local eatery.
Accommodation included: You will be staying at a guesthouse.
Day 3: ELSEN TASARKHAI DUNE - ERDENEKHAMBA TEMPLE - CAMEL RIDE
Stop At: Elsen Tasarkhai, Mongolia
Today you head to the nature reserve of Khogno Khaan, where you can explore the lower temple complex of Uvguun Khiid, see the reconstructed temples, prayer-wheel and look around the ruins. Then we recommend taking the 45-minute hike up to the old ruined temple complex in the hills - the scenery is fantastic, and depending on the time of year, wildflowers may be in abundance. Head back down to the valley floor, and onto the sand dunes at Elsen Tasarkhai, a 30-minute drive away. Tonight you will stay alongside a family of camel herders - settle into your gers and head off on a Bactrian ride across the dunes for an hour, then enjoy a home-cooked dinner.
Duration: 16 hours
• Lunch: We will have lunch with the local family.
• Dinner: We will be having dinner with the local family.
Accommodation included: You will be staying alongside the local family.
Day 4: KHUSTAI NATIONAL PARK - WILD TAKHI
Stop At: Hustai National Park, Hustai National Park, Tov Province
After a leisurely breakfast jump in the vehicles for the journey back east to Hustai. You should arrive in your ger camp in time for lunch. The camp is located at the entrance to the Hustai National Park, and you will have some time to rest before venturing into the park. In the afternoon drive from your camp to see the Takhi - this is the time when they gather to drink at streams so you have a better chance of seeing them up close and inaccessible areas. You may want to combine the trip with a long walk in the park - in which case you should leave a little earlier. Discuss your preference with your guide. Afterward, head back to camp for dinner and your last night in a ger.
Duration: 16 hours
• Lunch: You will be having lunch at the Khustai camp
• Dinner: You will be having dinner at the Khustai camp.
Accommodation included: Staying overnight at the Khustai ger camp.
Day 5: CHINGGIS KHAAN STATUE COMPLEX - ULAANBAATAR
Stop At: Genghis Khan Statue Complex, Tsonjin Boldog, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
After breakfast set off for the remarkable Chinggis Khaan Statue complex near Erdene soum for 200km. Once you arrive, climb up inside until you reach the exterior staircase which runs up the mane of the horse to a viewpoint overlooking the Tuul River, Terelj & the hills of the Khan Khentii. Then have lunch in the complex’s restaurant. After lunch, come back down to the vehicle and return to Ulaanbaatar, where you will be dropped at a location of your choice.
Duration: 2 hours
• Lunch: You will be having a lunch at a local eatery.
Accommodation included: NONE
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you from a prearranged location in Ulaanbaatar.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.