The Eyes of God natural wonder Saeva Dupka cave and Glozhene Monastery day trip from Sofia
Three of the most stunning Bulgaria's attractions within a day trip from Sofia! Explore the natural wonder of Prohodna cave, named by the locals “The Eyes of God” because of the two deity-eye-shaped holes on the ceiling. Experience Saeva Dupka, among the most decorated tourist adapted caves in Bulgaria and visit the unique Glozhene Monastery, built like a bird’s nest on the cliffs of a mountain peak. All this within a group day trip from Sofia!
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel or accommodation in Sofia by private car or van
- Local guide (professional caver) in Saeva Dupka cave
- Professional, licensed local guide/driver
- Entry/Admission - Saeva Dupka
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (you can prepare your own lunch packs or the guide can stop at a grocery shop on the way to the caves, from where you can buy some food for picnic)
- Personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance
- TRIP PLAN
Your guide will pick you up in the morning from your place in Sofia and within an hour and a half (110 km) scenic drive through the Balkan Mountains you will arrive at the Iskar Gorge, near the village of Karlukovo, amidst one of Bulgaria’s largest karst regions. There you will have a short loop hike (1.5 h) exploring the unique natural wonder of Prohodna cave, passing through the largest cave passage in Bulgaria. Later the tour continues with a short transfer (30 min. / 25 km) to the Sueva Dupka cave, where you will have a guided tour in one of Bulgaria’s most beautiful caves. In the afternoon, you will visit the stunning Glozhene Monastery “St. George the Victorious”, established in the middle of 13th century. In the late afternoon, you will head towards Sofia, where the driver will drop you off at your place.
Tour duration: full day tour
Walking time: Prohodna cave loop walk: 1.5 h
Total car / bus transfers duration: approx. 4 - 5 h, 280 km
Departure Point :Pick-up from your hotel or address within the city of Sofia included.
Departure Time :8:30am - 9:00am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No minimum age requirement
- Operator will be in contact with you regarding weather conditions, exact hotel pick-up time and what to bring (type of clothing, boots, etc.)
- Recommended clothing: comfortable hiking / running shoes (the hike is short and the terrain not difficult, so you don't need heavy hiking boots), a fleece or a jacket (the temperature in Saeva Dupka cave is 7-11°C and the humidity 90 - 98 %), a day pack for your personal belongings, extra clothes, etc.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.