THE FAMOUS WALK Pta. S. LOURENÇO
The trail runs along the Ponta de S. Lourenço, the easternmost peninsula on the island of Madeira, named after the caravel of João Gonçalves Zarco, one of the three discoverers of the island of Madeira.
This peninsula is of volcanic origin, in its majority basaltic, being also existent formations of calcareous sediments. In its follow-up we have two islets: the islet of Barley, the Half or the Desembarcadouros, the islet of Ponta de S. Lourenço, the Farol or Fora.
The peninsula is classified as a partial natural reserve and the islet of the Desembarcadouro full nature reserve. The entire terrestrial area and the marine area adjacent to the North coast, up to the depth of 50 m, are part of the European Network of Sites of Community Importance - Natura 2000 Network.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ponta de Sao Lourenco, Baia da Abra, Machico, Madeira Portugal
The trail follows S. Lourenço Point, the eastern-most peninsula of Madeira island, named after the caravel sailed by João Gonçalves de Zarco, one of the three discoverers of Madeira island, who on coming near this piece of land shouted to his ship “ São Lourenço, that's enough! ”.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free Pick-up (Funchal) from all Hotels, houses, etc.Ports
- Port of Funchal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Notice: Due to Covid-19, Feeling Madeira agency have two important certifications: Clean & Safe (Turismo de Portugal). Safe Travels (World Travel & Tourism Council / WTTC).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.