The finest street in London: An audio tour around London's leafy St James's
When King Henry VIII demolished a hospital for sick women to make way for his new hunting lodge, he paved the way for the development of one of London’s greatest gems, the stylish and sophisticated area of St James’s. Over the next 300 years, it became home to the “best sort of people”, where you’d find houses owned by “persons of the highest social rank”.
St James’s is still where you’ll find some of London’s grandest homes today, along with its finest hotels, bars and restaurants. It also has the oldest luxury shops in the world, and one of its streets boasts more Royal Warrants than any other street in the country.
This self-guided audio tour will take you through elegant streets into leafy garden squares and narrow alleyways. Along the way, we’ll see some of London’s most iconic sights and also plenty of hidden gems. Most of all, we’ll hear the stories, scandals and gossip that have all helped to create the unique character of the area that we see today.
per adult from
90 to 110 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Green Park, Piccadilly, London W1J 9EJ England
The tour begins inside Green Park.
Pass By: Bridgewater House, Hallfield Estate, London W2 6EE, UK
The tour passes by Bridgewater House.
Pass By: Clarence House, St. James's Palace, London SW1A 2WH England
The tour passes Clarence House
Pass By: St. James's Palace, Marlborough Rd, St. James's, London SW1A 1BS England
The tour passes by St James's Palace.
Pass By: Lock & Co. Hatters, London England
The tour passes by Lock & Co. Hatters.
Pass By: John Lobb, 9 St. James's Street Sw1, London SW1A 1EF England
The tour passes by John Lobb shoe shop.
Pass By: Christie's London, 8 King St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6QT, UK
The tour passes by Christie's London.
Pass By: The Travellers Club, 106, 106 Pall Mall, St. James's, London SW1Y 5EP, UK
The tour passes by The Travellers Club.
Pass By: Reform Club, 104 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5EW England
The tour passes by The Reform Club
Pass By: Saint James's Square, St James's Square, St. James's, London SW1Y, UK
The tour goes around St James's Square.
Pass By: Fortnum & Mason, 181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER England
The tour ends outside Fortnum & Mason.
Departure Point :Green Park Station (Stop J), Mayfair, London W1J 8AQ, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 10/19/2021
Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Fortnum & Mason, 181 Piccadilly, St. James's, London W1A 1ER, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.