The Genesis of Reggae: A Day in the Life of Bob Marley (Shore Excursion)
An assassination attempt, exiled and yet a glorious return, the king of reggae still reigns. Ever wonder where the “Legend of Reggae” Bob Marley started his career in music? Why he became so influential, so much so that there was what is dubbed an assassination attempt. This tour will answer all this and more on an exciting journey along meandering roads, local villages, into Bob's home, through the great Devon House, and beyond the island’s capital. An eccentric and “reggaerefic” experience you won't want to miss.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Entry Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bob Marley Museum
- Entry/Admission - Devon House
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bog Walk, Bog Walk, Saint Catherine Parish, Jamaica
Your journey will take you through the scenic Bog Walk Gorge that was forged by the winding snake-like glistering water of the Rio Cobre. A mesmerizing river that runs under the famous and mysterious flat bridge, said to be haunted by the souls of the slaves that lost their lives building it. The trip will be no fun without stopping to refresh your pallets with some cool cool coconut water, cane juice or fruit delectable s with the locals.
Stop At: Bob Marley Museum, 56 Hope Rd, Kingston Jamaica
Wow! Just when you thought it could not get any better, you will be taken to the Bob Marley museum, home of the late legend. A walk through his home will give you chills, as all the original furniture and clothing still remains. See the room where the attempted assassination took place.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Devon House, 26 Hope Road, Kingston 10, Kingston Jamaica
To add the cream to the cake is a visit to the beautiful Devon House, once home to the man dubbed Jamaica’s first Black Millionaire and home to the world-famous “Devon House I-Scream” you are definitely in for a sweet treat.
Are you hungry yet, well I am, an authentic Jamaican lunch await you at the world famous Usain Bolt Tracks and records restaurant.
Are you ready? Well I won’t spoil the fun any longer. Let the experience begin.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please confirm pick up at least 24 hours prior to arrival.Ports
- Ocho Rios Port
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.