The Ghosts of Boston's Past Haunted Self-guided Tour
This an on demand, smart phone guided haunted walking tour in Boston.
Go to 10 1/2 Beacon Street, press play and put your phone in your pocket. From there you are guided turn by turn along the haunted streets of Boston.
This is best experienced using headphones. Speakers can be used but not recommended.
What makes this tour special?
- You will see over 8 ghostly sites and hear their stories in less than 45 minutes.-
-It's on demand, go anytime, at your own pace, all on the WalknTours app.
- Great bang for your buck.
What will you see?
The most haunted hotel in New England, The old hanging tree where the last witch of Boston was hung, haunted subway, 2 haunted burial grounds, Nathaniel Hawthornes old haunt, the haunted theater and more.
NOTE: Many of these sites have opening hours. This includes the Granary burial ground and Central Burial ground. Hotels and theaters are closed or limited because of COVID. This tour does not go inside these places, only outside.
per adult from
30 to 45 minutes
What's included :
- GPS guided walking tour
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Boston Athenaeum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boston Athenaeum, 10-1/2 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
The tour starts here and you'll hear the story of the ghost Nathaniel Hawthorne met. You'll also hear about the scariest book in the world. We do not go inside.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Omni Parker House, 60 School St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
If it's open, you can walk into the Omni Parker Hotel and see the Charles Dickens mirror while looking for the ghost of Tiny Tim.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Granary Burying Ground, Tremont Street (between Park and School Sreets), Boston, MA 02108
We will stop at the Granary Burial Ground and hear about it's revolutionary ghost.
Pass By: Boston Common, 139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02111-1318
The tour goes into the Boston common and will visit it's many spirits of the night.
Stop At: The Great Elm, Boston, MA 02108, USA
The tour stops at the great elm, also known as the hanging tree, and hears the story of the last witch hung in Boston.
Duration: 2 minutes
Pass By: Central Burying Ground, Boylston Street Between Tremont and Church Streets on Boston Common, Boston, MA 02116
The site of mass burials and the burial ground of the pour and unknown. We will hear the story of resurrection men, ghosts and a little girl that sticks around.
Stop At: Subway, 1122 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
We will go underground and search for the ghosts of the Red Coats that haunt the underground.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Cutler Majestic Theatre at Emerson College, 219 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116-4717
The tour ends at one of the most haunted theaters in the USA, the Cutler Majestic. We do not enter.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :10-1/2 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Departure Time :8/30/2020 - 11/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Emerson Cutler Majestic Theatre, 219 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- This is an on demand tour on the WalknTours app, it's social distance safe and not in a large group.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.