The Grand Castle Tour - Full Day Private Tour from Salzburg
Make a trip back to the middle ages with a visit of the 13th century Castles Mauterndorf and Werfen. At the end of the day you will admire at the trick fountains of Hellbrunn and its castle from 1615. A day filled with beautiful landscape, a visit of two medieval Castles and the pleasure castle of Hellbrunn. A tour away from the typical Salzburg tourist attractions, a true hidden gem of Austria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Bus and elevator to the Eagle's Nest, EUR 16,10 per person
- Entrance to Werfen Castle including birds-of-prey: EUR 16
- Food and Drinks (lunch)
- Entry/Admission - Burg Mauterndorf
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Erlebnisburg Hohenwerfen, Burgstrasse 2, Werfen 5450 Austria
Meet your professional local guide and driver at your Salzburg hotel and hop on board of your luxury minivan. Afterward, your journey will take you along the Salzach river valley to the village Werfen. Capture a stunning photo of the medieval Castle of Werfen, used in the “Where Eagle’s Dare” movie with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. Castle of Werfen is one of the most magnificent mountain fortifications in the Alps.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Werfen, Werfen, Austrian Alps
Werfen was also used in the world-famous movie Sound of Music. Relive back to your Sound of Music fantasies and experience the Sound of Music location where Maria and the children started singing Do-Re-Mi (picnic meadow).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Millstatt, Millstatt, Carinthia, Austrian Alps
Next is Lake Millstatt with the Monastery. Enjoy your time right at the lake and town of Millstatt where you will have time to have some lunch (own expense). Be stunned by visiting the Basilica of Millstatt.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Burg Mauterndorf, Markt 27, Mauterndorf 5570 Austria
Next highlight of this 8-hour private tour is the visit of the medieval castle of Mauterndorf. Mauterndorf is another hidden gem of Austria. After 1 hour to explore Mauterndorf Castle your journey goes via the Tauern pass, which is a real scenic route, back to Salzburg. The tour concludes are your hotel in Salzburg.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from any hotel or address (airbnb etc.) in Salzburg, if your hotel is not in the list,then just mention it and we'll pick you up from there.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.