The Heritage walk of Calcutta
Calcutta is a city that reflects the best of heritage, culture and history of the era gone by. Unlike many other cities , Calcutta was totally built and founded by the British and it still remains a mirror image of the colonial era architecture and style, it has that charm that holds to the old and new together. This tour is all about discovering that , through lanes and alleys, stories and legends of the city of Joy.
per adult from
What's included :
- guide fees.
- transport cost during the tour.
- small local snacks.
What's excluded :
- anything not mentioned in inclusions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Watch the best heritages of Calcutta, and learn the history of the city of joy.
Itenary and highlights of the tour: Meeting point, entry gate of Oberoi Grand hotel esplanade.
• Start the tour. Transfer to north Calcutta by Metro railways.
• Walk starts with licensed guide.
• Visit the old native’s area in Calcutta, see zamindar buildings and royal palaces aged more than 250 years.
• Visit the first Gymnasiu , first pharmaceutical shop of India.
• Live the history as you walk through the lanes and alleys of north Calcutta where war of Independence was fought.
• Learn the story of Calcutta before the British came.
• Visit the Kumartuli. Here watch how men make the idols of God, featured in National geographic.
• End the tour with sipping tea in the banks of river hoogly and parting with smiles.
Suited For: Photographers and cultural enthusiasts who'd like to know Old Calcutta better!
Notes: Carry a valid photo ID and your camera. Wear shoes and comfortable dress for the walk.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
2: The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata, 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, New Market Area, Dharmatala, Taltala, Kolkata, West Bengal 700013, India
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- carry extra cash to buy water or souvenirs from the walk. wear comfotable dress and shoes.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.