The Hidden Secrets of Marie Antoinette: Paris Small-group walking tour
Want to discover Paris in another light? How about through the eyes of Marie Antoinette? This intimate walking tour revisits France’s last Queen’s favorite places in Paris as well as sites that have a connection with her – including the Louvre Museum, Place Vendôme, Opéra and Ile de la Cité. Your expert guide will regale you with the secrets and dramas of the Austrian monarch, before you savor a slice of cake in a prestigious tea-room dedicated to her Highness.
Explore Marie Antoinette’s favorite Parisian haunts and learn about her true personality and intimate secrets.
• Discover Marie Antoinette’s favorite places
• Visit must-see Parisian landmarks
• Indulge in a slice of cake in a beautiful boudoir
• Enjoy the expertise of your tour guide
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided walking tour of Marie Antoinette's Paris
- A delicious slice of Marie Antoinette’s favorite cake in a special tea-room
- Small group tour limited to 10 participants only
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: 4th Arrondissement, Paris France
Follow in Marie Antoinette’s footsteps as you discover Paris in this small-group walking tour, learning about the French queen’s past and where she liked to escape from life at the court of Versailles (no surprise when you’ve lived there since the age of 14!)
Pass By: Ile de la Cite, 75001 Paris France
Your guide will leave no stone unturned when retracing the queen’s life, including her lavish parties and royal excesses and her lesser-known roles as philanthropist and patron of the arts.
Pass By: Conciergerie, 2 boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris France
You’ll meet on Ile de la Cité and start at the end of Marie Antoinette’s life, languishing in prison at the Conciergerie before being beheaded during the French Revolution.
Pass By: Pont-Neuf, Ile de la Cite, 75001 Paris France
Then cross one of the oldest standing bridge in the City ( closeby the Conciergerie)
Pass By: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
Then you’ll head to the courtyard of the Louvre.
Pass By: Jardin des Tuileries pl. de la Concorde, rue de Rivoli, 75058 Paris France
What better place to learn about royal obligations than at this former palace?
Pass By: Place Vendome, 75001 Paris France
You’ll continue your tour through Place Vendôme and to Rue Saint-Honoré and find out how her lavish wardrobe and a certain diamond necklace ultimately led to her downfall and maybe even that of the French monarchy!
Pass By: Rue Saint Honore, Rue Saint-Honore, 75001 Paris France
‘Let them eat cake!’ is often wrongly attributed to Marie Antoinette but we will let you eat cake!
Pass By: Nina's Vendôme, 29 Rue Danielle Casanova, 75001 Paris, France
And not any old cake, nothing less than one created from one of her favorite recipes! End your tour in style with a slice in a picturesque, Insta-friendly tea-room (think pink, gold and white).
Pass By: Palais Garnier, Place de l_Opera entrance at the corner of Scribe and Auber streets, 75009 Paris France
We recommend to explore the area starting by the Opera Garnier closeby.
Departure Point :Rue de Lutèce, 75004 Paris, France
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Meet your guide at Place Louis-Lépine on rue de Lutèce, 75004 Paris.
- They will be wearing a special badge with the Localers logo. You can't miss it!
- It is located just outside the “Cité” metro station on line 4.
- There is only one exit when leaving the station
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.