The Highlander Experience - Private 1 day tour (1 - 8 People)
The Scottish Highlands are without doubt some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. Come with us today as we travel through the gorgeous Glencoe valley and listen to legendary Scottish tales.
An experience packed with history and beauty, this tour is perfect for those travelers that are short on time and want to see as much of Scotland as possible.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Dram of whisky
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Square, George and St. Vincent Sts., Glasgow Scotland
We can pick you up from your accommodation in Glasgow.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St Andrew Square, George Street, Edinburgh Scotland
We can pick you up from your acommodation in Edinburgh.
• The Village of Luss - We will leave your accommodation and drive towards the stunning Trossach National Park where we will stop at the historical village called Luss. Gaze over the shimmering Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest fresh water loch, and enjoy the views of our most southerly Munroe, Ben Lomond.
• Rannoch Moor and Glencoe - Crossover the ancient national fault line and travel into the highlands where the landscapes change dramatically. This is where we first catch a glimpse of the Rannoch Moor, which is covered in heather, lochans and peatbogs. You will also enjoy stunning views of the Black Mount and the Buachaille Etive Mor.
We then head through Scotland’s most famous valley, Glencoe. Feel history come alive when we tell the tales of the massacre of the Macdonald clan, which took place in 1692. This is where we will stop for our lunch stop at the award winning Clachaig Inn.
• Castle Stalker - After lunch, we will then travel south towards the shores of Loch Linnhe and enjoy the views of the impregnable Castle Stalker. This was once the historical home of the Lord of Lorn, John Stewart.
• Kilchurn castle - Passing by glens and lochs, we will soon approach our second castle of the day, Kilchurn castle, which sits on the banks of Loch Awe. This was once home to the mighty clan Campbell of Glenorchy.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up can be arranged with tour operator before tour starts.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.