The Highlands, Whisky and Castles Private Day Tour in a Premium Minivan
This day trip from Edinburgh offers stunning views over the highlands and lochs of Scotland.
This tour offers some stunning scenery and plenty of photo opportunities as we 'get away from civilisation'. Travelling through glendevon, the sma' Glen, Glen Quaich and The Trossachs all of which have their own unique landscapes.
Visit Glenturret whisky distillery and learn how they make the 'water of life' before sampling a few drams.
We stop for lunch at the picturesque highland village of Kenmore at the eastern end of Loch Tay. Whitewash cottages make way to a sandy beach and loch view.
Visit Balquhidder, the resting place of local hero Rob Roy MacGregor and learn about his story from Sheep Rustler to fugitive and rise to prominence in the film of his life.
Our final stop of the day is at Doune Castle, a 15th century keep. The castle is full of history and has been used in many TV and film productions including Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Outlander and Game of Thrones.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - The Glenturret Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: South Queensferry, South Queensferry, Edinburgh, Scotland
We stop here to take in the view of 'The Three Bridges', a stunning collection of road and railway bridges with a long and interesting history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Glenturret Distillery The Hosh, Crieff PH7 4HA Scotland
After driving through a stunning highland landscape we arrive at the Glenturret Distillery for the tour. Learn about how they make 'The Water of Life' and sample a few drams before the journey back to Edinburgh
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Scottish Crannog Centre, South Tay Road Loch Tay, Nr Aberfeldy, Kenmore PH15 2HY Scotland
We stop briefly to see the amazing Crannog, a recreation of a megalithic dwelling that was once commonplace in Scotland. The small roundhouse stands on piles driven into the loch bed.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kenmore, Kenmore, Perth and Kinross, Scotland
After driving along Loch Tay, we stop at the picturesque village of Kenmore at the eastern end of the loch. This quaint village offers scenic views and a beach.
We have lunch here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Balquhidder, Balquhidder, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland
Nestled into Balquhidder Glen, Balquhidder is the peaceful resting place of Rob Roy MacGregor, an outlaw sheep rustler who became local hero.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
We will visit medieval Doune Castle, arguably Scotland's most famous caslte. Doune has been used in Monty Python, Game of Thrones and Outlander. It also has an interesting past and notable architecture.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: The Kelpies & The Helix, 4 Stadium Way The Helix, Falkirk FK2 9EE Scotland
A modern art installation designed by Scottish artist Andy Scott, the Kelpies are two mythological horses heads that rise 30 meters over The Helix Park.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We are available to collect you from any address in or around EdinburghAirports
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- South Queensferry Harbour, Gote Ln, Queensferry, South Queensferry EH30 9PS, UK
- Newhaven Harbour, Pier Pl, Newhaven, Edinburgh EH6 4LP, UK
- Rosyth Dockyard, 180 Castle Rd, Rosyth, Dunfermline KY11 2AX, UK
- Forth Ports Leith, 31 Bath Rd, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 7AH, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Experienced Tours is 'Good To Go' and has passed the government Covid-19 assessment. We are now able to resume our private tours of Scotland. A private tour is the best way to travel whilst practicing social distancing without other passengers being in the vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.