The Historic Garrison Tour
Through extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides, find out what connects this Garrison to Oliver Cromwell, George Washington, and the American War of In-dependence! This exciting tour allows you to travel back in time through Barbados’ Historic Garrison; now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dating back to 1650, the site is thought to be the most intact, and authentic 18th & 19th century British Garrison complex in the world.
per adult from
3 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - A rum punch is available while visiting the Officer's Mess of the Barbados Defence Force. Non-alcholic alternatives are also available.
- Entry/Admission - Barbados Garrison
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barbados Garrison, Bridgetown Barbados
Tour will guide you through the following sites & attractions:
George Washington House, The Garrison Tunnels, Charles Fort, St. Ann's Fort, the National Armoury Museum and finally the Main Guard Clock Tower. Throughout, the story of the Garrison and the influence of George Washington and Oliver Cromwell will be revealed.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Garrison Road, Garrison Rd, Bridgetown, Barbados
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any Hotel in Barbados. Depending on the distance from the start point, pick-up can be anything from 15 to 60 minutes before the tour begins.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.