The Hues and Colours of Yangon
Charismatic and bustling, Yangon’s city borders offer an explosion of landmarks and sights. From the intriguing to the spiritual, the former capital leaves visitors spellbound. Tailored to capture the most sought-after monuments, this is Yangon full on.
• Get totally immersed in the Yangon cityscape;
• Explore the holy gilded sites of Sule and Shwedagon;
• Hear about the story surrounding the Chauk Htat Gyi temple;
• Feel the authentic vibe of traditional and modern Yangon;
• Lunch is included at a local restaurant during this day
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Sule Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Chauk Htat Kyi Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Kaba Aye Paya
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sule Pagoda, Maha Bandoola Rd, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
We start the morning with an important temple, located in the heart of a roundabout. Sule Pagoda is located right in the very heart of bustling Yangon and is an octagonal Mon-style pagoda.
From there, admire the stunning architecture of City Hall, the High Court, as well as the Independence monument situated in the heart of Mahabandoola Park.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Chauk Htat Kyi Pagoda, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
The magnificent Reclining Buddha at Chauk Htat Gyi is next on our program: Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda is one of the leading pagodas in Yangon and home of a 66-metre long Reclining Buddha. The temple’s central location makes it one of the leading Buddhist centres in the former capital.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bogyoke Aung San Market, Bo Gyoke Rd, Pabedan 11141 Myanmar
After a photo stop at the Karaweik Hall on Kandawgyi Lake, we will proceed to the Bogyoke Market, or better known as Scott’s Market (closed on Mondays and public holidays). Undoubtedly offering the largest selection of handicrafts in Myanmar, the market is a great place to discover a bargain and have fun haggling with local traders.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kaba Aye Paya, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road Mayangone Township, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Lunch is included at a local restaurant. After lunch, head to see some of the other main important, religious buildings in the former capital, such as the Kaba Aye Pagoda, the oldest Chinese temple in Yangon and the stunningly beautiful Botataung Pagoda, located on the riverside.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
En route to our final visit of the day, various stops will be made, before one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the sacred Shwedagon Pagoda, is visited. Towering almost 98 meters above the Yangon cityscape, it is one of the wonders of the religious world. It is believed to have been built more than 2500 years ago and is a testament to the faith of the Burmese.
After this full-day through Yangon, your guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel at around 5 pm.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon's central business district. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Yangon’s Bogyoke (or Scott’s Market) is closed on Mondays and on public holidays; alternative sightseeing may be offered when travelling on these days through the city
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees.
- Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.